Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 9th, 2021 08:00

XPS 15 9570 Battery Issue After BIOS Update

There are numerous threads about this issue on the community boards, and they all say resolved by some ridiculous answer such as batteries do not last as long as they use too.   Has anyone actually addressed this issue and is there a solution?   Did my battery really go from very strong to non-existent over night after a BIOS update?   Will a new battery suffer the same fate?   Has ANYONE resolved this issue for real?

7 Posts

February 10th, 2021 07:00

UPDATE:   Going to pick up a new battery today.   This will be the last Dell product I buy.   Thinking of taking them to small claims court .   It is disgraceful they will not stand behind their product and admit the issue.

Don

1 Message

January 21st, 2021 06:00

I have the same battery problem after updating my BIOS as 'urgently recommended by Dell' to  version 1.21.0 on Jan 2, 2021.  Prior to that update my battery worked just fine, was properly charging on my XPS 15 9570.  As this BIOS update/Battery problem has been around for a while according to community threads, why Dell have you not provided a solution to this issue that you caused with your BIOS updates?   

I am hesitant to roll back to the earlier BIOS version as some who have tried that say that it does not resolve the issue.  Also  where  online can I get the current part number for the battery I have?  It's certainly not showing up on the Dell website.  Get your act together Dell or you are losing me as a long term customer.

7 Posts

January 21st, 2021 08:00

1 Copper,

After writing to everyone at Dell, from Michael Dell on down, they absolutely refused to acknowledge that the BIOS update was the cause.   However,  there support team did have me roll back the BIOS.  One can only wonder why if there was no issue .   Kind of like an admission of guilt.   Anyway,  I asked about ordering a new battery,  and they said that the battery was on backorder and that I should try back in a few months.   I replied that there must have been a lot of customers who upgraded their BIOS.   I do not think they liked that remark. But I have never been so disappointed in a large company.  Obviously no moral compass,  they just see this as an opportunity to sell more batteries. 

7 Posts

February 10th, 2021 07:00

There are enough posts in this forum to win in small claims court.    At least you can get the cost of your battery returned.

Don

March 13th, 2021 01:00

Hi

I am experiencing the same battery performance problems. However, my bios version is 1.18.1 and I checked your bios version on the Dell website but I could not see it there.

How did you get 1.21.0 Bios version?

Thanks.

3 Posts

October 18th, 2021 08:00

dont think you can update to 1.21 it was earlier, maybe because of some major bug, happens at times, there would be another bios update latter on

No Events found!