mkdr
2 Iron

Re: XPS-15-9570 (Bios 1.7) -

asabertze
1 Copper

Hi,

I just wanted to report that I also had the annoying 5 sec on/off behaviour of the fan. I am on ubuntu 19.04.

I was almost giving up, but saw there was the new 1.10.1 BIOS out now, and upgraded without much hope, but actually it seems to have fixed the issue!

Anyone else upgrade and got it fixed?

0 Kudos
A_Kri
2 Iron

@asabertze 

Didn't fix it for me.

I am on Bios 1.10.1.

Issue persists.

Michi491
1 Copper

+1 on this issue, please investigate for a solution 

mkdr
2 Iron

@Michi491 as stated above, the case is closed by Dell, they wont fix it. Try to sell your laptop, tell everyone what a scam company Dell is.
JKJ89
1 Copper

Re: XPS-15-9570 (Bios 1.7) - Fan 3sec On-Off Issue on Idle dGPU

Hi there, 

I had the same issue after the upgrade of the BIOS to the latest version. I tried something and so far has been working => the fan doesn't start working on/off every few seconds. I disabled OneDrive and Dropbox on my laptop from task manager - startup  and so far everything is working okay. 

Cheers 

0 Kudos
A_Kri
2 Iron

Re: XPS-15-9570 (Bios 1.7) - Fan 3sec On-Off Issue on Idle dGPU

@JKJ89 wrote:

Hi there, 

I had the same issue after the upgrade of the BIOS to the latest version. I tried something and so far has been working => the fan doesn't start working on/off every few seconds. I disabled OneDrive and Dropbox on my laptop from task manager - startup  and so far everything is working okay. 

Cheers 

Hi @JKJ89 

I have disabled Dropbox, OneDrive and the Backup and Sync from Google Drive a while ago. 

From that I got a battery improvement of around 1 hour.

But the fan issue is still there.

My solution is to send the laptop back to Dell next month. I had contact with the customer service due to other hardware issues and three times an onsite technician at my place. But thats another story. In short, customer service by Dell in Germany is great, but the onsite technicians are bad in 2 of 3 cases. I am allowed to send it back and get a full refund.

0 Kudos