Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 3rd, 2018 00:00

XPS 15 9570 Bluetooth disappearing

I have been using the laptop with my Logitech MX Master 2S mouse for quite a while and things work just fine. But recently, the Bluetooth is not working very well. The Bluetooth adapter just disappear while I had my mouse connected and used for a while.

And the Bluetooth adapter disappears across ubuntu and windows 10 together every time, which indicates it is a BIOS or hardware problem. The only solution that I found useful is to reinstall the bios update released on 21 Sep, but it only helps for a while.

I found that quite a number of people have experienced a similar situation, yet their solutions do not apply to me.

3 Posts

March 27th, 2019 10:00

I have followed the later instruction at

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln306440/killer-n1535-wireless-firmware-manual-update-guide-for-ubuntu-systems?lang=en  and for 90% it seems to be working fine. The only times when it sometimes fails is when i close the lid.

New firmware versions seem to improve over time is my feeling.

I hope this helps.

66 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 14:00

Hi Antiaris! Also I have the 9570 and your own mouse, and I have your same problem. It happened to me once upon waking up in standby these days. I blame the new bios v. 1.4.1, since I have this XPS since 26 July and I took the mouse a few days later and only in these days the problem occurred to me. But if you say that it does to you with the previous version of the bios .... I do not know. As for the MX Master 2S, some small "lag" occasionally occur to me both when I move the mouse and when I scroll the main wheel. Does this happen to you too? I'm Italian and I translate with google obviously, sorry! ;-)

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 15:00

I upgraded to a newer version of the wireless firmware  and the problems have gone. My Wifi and bluetooth were failing reguarly. (same mouse)

When doing  a dmesg I noticed the firmware crashed.

I  followed the instructions on:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath10k/firmware

Using the firmware 

https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/blob/master/QCA6174/hw3.0/4.4.1/firmware-6.bin_WLAN.RM.4.4.1-00119-QCARMSWP-1.

But check your version (lspci |grep Network)

October 8th, 2018 13:00

Yes!! my mouse lag in some time as well. I have just had the bios updated to 1.5.0 today but the problem persists. Even worse, the wifi dies with the Bluetooth, it makes me feel that the problem is the wifi card itself.

October 10th, 2018 02:00

The problem persists after updating the firmware.

1 Message

November 15th, 2018 20:00

I have the same problem with Bluetooth. It will just stop working while typing or when machine hibernates, it wakes up without Bluetooth. I have now made 4 calls to tech support. They seem to fix it temporarily only to have it reoccur.

Dell needs to fix the bios or whatever they need to do resolve this problem. Tech support offers the lame excuse that it disconnects due to RFI. That explanation is utter rubbish. 

1 Message

November 20th, 2018 12:00

Same issue on my XPS 15 9560 as well with Logitech MX.

9.4K Posts

November 21st, 2018 03:00

Hi DrQuant,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Your post indicates you have the same problem as the original poster. Does this issue occur using other bluetooth devices such as speakers, or is it only the Logitech mouse?

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Bluetooth Troubleshooting and Usage Guide

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

1 Message

December 11th, 2018 16:00

XPS 15 9570 bluetooth keeps dropping also. Did driver updates, same issue. Going into the BIOS is a pain. Also did the same thing with my XPS 13 with both Surface mouse and Logitech MX 2s. Come on Dell fix this, what are we back in the 90's? Its a mouse!

March 7th, 2019 23:00

Has any one have any solution? 

I got my XSP 15 9570 by the end of January 2019 and I've only used it for little over a month, and today my Bluetooth also disappeared on me. All drivers are updated to its most recent versions.

I opened up device manager and Bluetooth is not there, ran diagnostic on line from dell support website and it too, says the device is not present.

I then proceeded to call dell technical support, but this is what really got me! The tech support said this is not a hardware issue and that if I choose to cotinue, I will be charged because bluetooth is a software problem!!! 

I asked for clarification, he said that any thing physical that I can touch would be hardware, and bluetooth is a software problem! Seriously? so if I have a drive failure, and that my fingers cannot physically touch the drive because it is inside my computer, it would be a software issue as well?? This is absolutely rediculious.

3 Posts

March 26th, 2019 18:00

@w.v.w. wrote:

I upgraded to a newer version of the wireless firmware  and the problems have gone. My Wifi and bluetooth were failing reguarly. (same mouse)

When doing  a dmesg I noticed the firmware crashed.

I  followed the instructions on:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath10k/firmware

Using the firmware 

https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/blob/master/QCA6174/hw3.0/4.4.1/firmware-6.bin_WLAN.RM.4.4.1-00119-QCARMSWP-1.

But check your version (lspci |grep Network)

@w.v.w.Has it been working correctly ever since? I did the same and it has been working a bit better for me but the problem is not fully solved. At least now I do not have to shutdown the entire computer every time it happens. A sleep/wake-up solves this 90% of the time.

3 Posts

April 5th, 2019 06:00

I got other questions for you :]
What BIOS version are you on?

Regardless of the BIOS version. Is sleep working for you as expected?

1 Message

May 2nd, 2019 07:00

Same, yesterday upon waking up, there was no WiFi and no Bluetooth.  XPS 15 9575.

Doing a search for hardware on Device Manager plus a couple of reboots didn't help.  I think the 5th reboot or maybe a shutdown fixed it.  That was yesterday.

Last night, i didn't leave it to sleep but on Power Saver since it was running a backup.  The backup is still running (for whatever reason who knows, all I know is that it  is reading and writing to the HD) and well, this morning my MX 2S started having "extra lag" and overshoot.  Very annoying.

Funny thing, I also have an old MX Revolution 5000 bluetooth and that one works just fine.  So, somehow the MX 2S uses some kind of whatever newer than the MX Revolution and that whatever is the one that is misbehaving.  Maybe it is this Bluetooth LE thing -which I have no idea what is- and I don't even know if the MX 2S uses it.  Notice that the MX Revolution uses the older Logitech Mouse options 4.8, not the Logi one that supports the MX 2S.

Lastly, after I disabled "Show window contents while dragging" and stopped Samsung Magician, Skype, Waves NX and some other startup programs, the lag receded a bit but still overshooting big time.   Also, I stopped the backup in case all the HD writing was the issue, and nothing.

Very annoying 😡

1 Message

May 7th, 2019 03:00

Hi Guys,

it seems this problem is still very present. For my machine (Dell XPS 15 9570, in operations since 2018-Dec) I'm getting Bluetooth drop-offs/disappearing for my peripherials Microsoft Designer Desktop (Keyboard+Mouse). Bluetooth is gone every time the machine wakes-up from hibernation/sleeping. Furthermore the machine "develops" ridiculous denial of my MS Designer Desktop by not accepting them after loading the Bluetooth again - the keyboard and mouse need to be deleted from the configuration and newly installed again. I can remember, this was not the case couple of months ago...

Reading here, that a Firmware upgrade to version 1.5.0 would eventually screw up also my WiFi (which is currently working stable), just makes me more desperate.

Guys from Dell! Please do something and help to solve the problem...! The machine is my workstation and if there was no company policy for the workstations, I'd have been switched away from Dell long time ago... Just because of such low quality and no attention policy from Dell side...

Guys from Dell! Please do something and help to solve the problem...!

1 Message

June 3rd, 2019 12:00

Same issue here with my XPS 15 9570. My bluetooth just disappears when my computer wakes up. Despite restarting, shutting down etc, it won't start again. 3 calls to the TechSupport they never really know what to do, eventually it starts back up randomly but no clue how.

Someone came and replaced my Killer wireless adapter but nothing to do its doing it again.

This is utterly annoying. It seems to be a recurring problem that is not taken care of.

No Events found!