Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 13th, 2019 07:00

XPS 15 9570, Dell restore software

I received my new XPS 15 9570 with a corrupted windows setup, looped after region selection, as I needed to travel and did not have time to submit under warranty, I restored the laptop using a Dell Recovery usb and selecting Cloud restore. This repaired the laptop but did not restore the factory software. I have downloaded all the software and drivers from the support section but have been unable to install from the Windows Store primarily for Dell Mobile Connect the option is "Redeem a Code". What is the process to restore the factory software, I have tried My Dell and Dell Update?

9.4K Posts

May 13th, 2019 09:00

Hi RyanMJ,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

You can download the software you purchased with your computer from the Dell Digital Locker.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

May 14th, 2019 04:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @RyanMJ 

Did you Register your laptop???

Dell Product Registration:

https://www.dell.com/support/Assets-Online/us/en/19/registration#/identifyservicetag

You may receive a code after you register it???

If not you can try to contact customer care to request a registration code be created for you. 

https://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/04/order-support

Best regards,

U2

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

May 15th, 2019 13:00

@ RyanMJ,

Please uninstall all entries of Dell Mobile connect. Restart the system, complete all Windows update restart the computer again & install the application using these instructions.

If the issue persists, please private message me the service tag along with the registered name & email address. 

17 Posts

May 14th, 2019 00:00

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your response but I cannot see how to download the software through the digital locker as it asks for a "registration code" and all I have for my laptop is a Service Tag & Express Service Code.

I purchased through Amazon was I meant to receive an email with a registration code?

9.4K Posts

May 14th, 2019 03:00

If you purchased from Amazon, have you registered the system in your name?  

Ownership Transfer and Dell Product Registration Guides

17 Posts

May 14th, 2019 05:00

Hi @U2CAMEB4ME 

The laptop is registered to me and showing up in my warranty center will try requesting a registration code from the support link you provided

Thanks

17 Posts

May 15th, 2019 10:00

@robert p 

I have done the ownership transfer but am not sure it will help as I already registered my laptop on the dell site and it is showing my warranty information.

Is there other options to activate the software for my XPS laptop as the Dell Digital Locker shows no software and the Microsoft Store shows that I do not own the Dell software.

I have tried @U2CAMEB4ME solution but all I have is my Amazon order number which is not compatible with Dell's site.

No Events found!