Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

February 15th, 2019 20:00

XPS 15 9570 External Monitor via USB-C to Displayport Audio

I have an XPS 15 9570 and LG 27UD69P that's connected via USB-C to Displayport. Windows will not recognize anything but internal speakers/headphones. Thoughts? Thank you in advance. I've tried all of the possible troubleshooting steps I can think of.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 16th, 2019 12:00

Go to Control Panel > Sound (or Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound, depending on whether you're in Classic or Tile view) and check your playback devices.  Make sure the device you want audio to play from is set as the default device, then you might need to close and relaunch any applications that were open for them to start using the new default playback device.  This is also mentioned on Page 24 of the display's manual available here. Fyi if you ever disconnect the default device, Windows will automatically revert to the previous default device, and then switch BACK to the other device when you reconnect it.

If that doesn't work, are you using a basic USB-C to DisplayPort cable, plugged directly into the system and directly into the display, i.e. no docks, adapters, etc. involved?

No Events found!