Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JQ

5 Posts

October 3rd, 2020 19:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

XPS 15 9570 HDMI not working

Hi, So i have been using my xps for almost two years. And the problem is that the on board hdmi is not working. 

The laptop is detecting it but there is no output, and I can connect to an external monitor only through an usb-c adapter. 

any suggestions?

• 

25.1K Posts

October 3rd, 2020 19:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

1 Message

October 12th, 2020 03:00

I have had the same exact issue.   Dell support has bee unable to fix it.  Has your issue been resolved?  If so, how?  Thank you!

3 Posts

October 16th, 2020 00:00

I got the same issue.

Some Displays work (like a Samsung TV) but normal Displays like from NEC or Acer wont work.

What can I do?

3 Posts

October 19th, 2020 09:00

No not now. My problem is also that my warranty was ending in march 2020. So they wont help me, even the notebook isn't two years old.

1 Message

November 4th, 2020 10:00

Hi,
Same issue for me since tonight... My 9570 has a little bit more than 2 years... and the HDMi output doesn't work anymore.
I tried it on two TV's with 2 different hdmi cable.
And even trough the usb C adapter, the image is with weird color. Can't even use it like this...
What a shame for such an expensive device..
No clue ?!?

1 Message

February 4th, 2021 05:00

I have exactly the same problem

5 Posts

May 18th, 2021 09:00

I found a solution/workaround on another post that may help (worked for us), but sounds crazy: 

RE-install the latest BIOS update.  Even if you are already on that BIOS version.  RE-install it./

This fixed a chronic problem (ie: 3rd new motherboard install by Dell techs).  Decided not to do another new motherboard again, as we couldn't be blowing out HDMI ports that fast.   I found this solution on another post who also had success simply re-installing the BIOS, so I tried it - and it was successful in my case just a few days ago.  Good luck!

2 Posts

September 1st, 2021 18:00

Hey, Im having the exact same issue with my xps 9570. Ive seen every tutorial and tried everything.. from updating drivers and bios to formating my ssd and reinstalling windows. Obviously my warranty has ended. Today I tried connecting to a 5 years old Sony LCD tv and it worked! but at home it does not work with my 2020 LG tv nor the  other 2 newer generic tv brands I have. (Even with the same hdmi cable from office). DELL PLEASE HELP

2 Posts

October 18th, 2021 17:00

Hey, dell wouldn’t help me without paying even tho if yo pay 1.5k for a laptop you expect it to do something as basic as send image thru hdmi. The solution I found is that I bought on Amazon a usb type C to Hdmi converter. Worked instantly.. bought one from anker for $13. Dell wanted $99… SHAME on Dell

October 18th, 2021 17:00

I got the same problem with my Dell XPS 15 9570. Please help !

2 Posts

October 20th, 2021 03:00

Hi,

same problem here with my xps15 9570, none of the “solutions” helped so what to do ?

1 Message

November 1st, 2021 12:00

I got the same problem with my Dell XPS 15 9570...

12 Posts

November 14th, 2021 08:00

Same problem with my Dell XPS 15 9570. Was just fine last week, then "Dell Update" updated the BIOS, and now HDMI output is dead!

2 Posts

December 12th, 2021 11:00

Now i have tryed to connect to a newer tv and find out that hdmi is working.

SO problem is that my lap can't connect with my tv after updates ...

December 13th, 2021 09:00

Same problem with my XPS 15 9570. It was working just fine since I bought it and after the update stopped. I've tried changing the HDMI cable, TV, monitor, not working at all. The laptop recognizes the monitor, it's possible to even adjust the resolution or drag things in between, but no output, just the no signal displaying. 

No Events found!