Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

22 Posts

July 1st, 2019 03:00

XPS 15-9570, Premier Color, issues with banding

Hello,

I own a XPS 15 9570 with the 4k display option.

I am experiencing some really annoying color gradient issues for a while now.

For the first time, about half a Year ago all out of the sudden my Laptop started do have a really bad color representation, unsaturated blacks and color banding. After searching for a solution for a while I decided to reset my windows 10 Pro.

After that the Issues were gone, up until yesterday it suddenly reappeared. not knowing it better I tried to reinstall all kind of graphics drivers, but It didn't helped either. So i decided to reset the Windows again.

After having done that the Issue was gone again.

But today, it reappeared. I was opening the Dell premier color application (preinstalled) and the banding and discoloring reappeared. Although the app settings were set to default (brilliant). Though I don't know if it is connected.

I assume it is some mess with the Color Profiles settings however I am tired of reinstalling windows every time! And now really looking for a real solution.

It clearly appears to be an software related Issue, at least from my understanding. 

Is there Somebody who can help me out with this?

Thanks in advance

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 1st, 2019 10:00

Thank you for your message. Is the color banding is seen only on screen with certain background or applications?

Is this issue seen when you have an external monitor connected (if available)?

Please run a hardware diagnostic by following the video on this link & check if the issue persists.

Press windows+ctrl+shift+B (this will refresh the graphics driver) check if the banding is seen.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find the service tag

22 Posts

July 2nd, 2019 06:00

I don't have an external monitor to test on, but the shortcut did not work, and in the test there was banding on the first image as well, but i dont know if it should be there or not.

thanks a lot

Also i can't for some reason send you a private message, I'll try again later

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 2nd, 2019 08:00

I have sent you a private message. Please share an image of the banding along with the service tag, registered name.

1 Message

July 2nd, 2019 10:00

Im having the same problem as well! I've noticed that the bands tend to flicker until they reach a final color they want to settle in. I've also tried booting windows on safe-mode and the bands disappear so its highly unlikely to be a hardware issue.

22 Posts

July 2nd, 2019 13:00

still does not work, I get a promp saying I have reache the max. number of private Messages I can send for now.

However here are the photos:

IMG_20190702_221241.jpgIMG_20190702_221303.jpgIMG_20190702_221329.jpg

• 

16.7K Posts

July 3rd, 2019 07:00

Dos9570,

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? * Press Ctrl + Win + Shift + B (this will refresh the graphics driver)

You can also Uninstall the video card drivers and reinstall them back into the computer.

* Press Ctrl + Win + Shift + B (this will refresh the graphics driver)

* Do you see the issue when running the LCD BIST here

You can try again to send a PM with your tag.

Dell xps 9570 Drivers

The Installation instructions are listed under the driver you choose.

22 Posts

July 3rd, 2019 12:00

Hey,

Found the Source! It is the intel 630 Graphics driver.

However uninstalling it and reinstalling it (also rolled back some versions) always brought the issue back. At least after a reboot.

Guess I need to find a way to purge my PC from all the previous settings hiding out there.

I tried all of the standard ways of uninstalling the driver, from control panel, from the device manager also with the check-mark ticked on Uninstalling all of the driver software.

Thank you

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 3rd, 2019 13:00

You can try creating a new admin account by following this link & check if the issue persists with the updated driver.

22 Posts

July 5th, 2019 15:00

just tried it, and yap the issue still persists... sadly :(

22 Posts

July 6th, 2019 11:00

no unfortunately it did not work

22 Posts

July 7th, 2019 03:00

Found a Way!!! You have to Unistall dell Premiere Color first. Then Uninstall all of you're Intel Graphics Drivers from the device Manager. and then reinstall them. for me reinstalling (and opening) Premiere Color for the first time, broke everything again and I had to restart.

22 Posts

July 8th, 2019 13:00

Hello,

I have experienced some very annoying discoloration and color banding Issues lately.

(https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS15-Color-Issues-Color-Banding/td-p/7325003)

After a lot of work i found out it was a Problem between the Intel graphics driver and Premier Color. I had to first uninstall Premier color Then reinstall the Graphics driver.

As soon as i reinstalled Premier Color (from the Microsoft store) again an opened it up, discoloration and banding again... Bummer.

Somebody experiencing this Issue too?

• 

16.7K Posts

July 9th, 2019 08:00

Dos9570,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number.

22 Posts

July 10th, 2019 06:00

for some reason I cant send private Messages
No Events found!