XPS

Last reply by 02-09-2020 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Iron

XPS 15-9570, Premier Color, issues with banding

Hello,

I own a XPS 15 9570 with the 4k display option.

I am experiencing some really annoying color gradient issues for a while now.

For the first time, about half a Year ago all out of the sudden my Laptop started do have a really bad color representation, unsaturated blacks and color banding. After searching for a solution for a while I decided to reset my windows 10 Pro.

After that the Issues were gone, up until yesterday it suddenly reappeared. not knowing it better I tried to reinstall all kind of graphics drivers, but It didn't helped either. So i decided to reset the Windows again.

After having done that the Issue was gone again.

But today, it reappeared. I was opening the Dell premier color application (preinstalled) and the banding and discoloring reappeared. Although the app settings were set to default (brilliant). Though I don't know if it is connected.

I assume it is some mess with the Color Profiles settings however I am tired of reinstalling windows every time! And now really looking for a real solution.

It clearly appears to be an software related Issue, at least from my understanding. 

Is there Somebody who can help me out with this?

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
Replies (57)

no unfortunately it did not work

Found a Way!!! You have to Unistall dell Premiere Color first. Then Uninstall all of you're Intel Graphics Drivers from the device Manager. and then reinstall them. for me reinstalling (and opening) Premiere Color for the first time, broke everything again and I had to restart.

Hi,

What version of driver have you installed on the UHD 630 card? I have the same problem here. I fixed it once, but the problem returned maybe because Premiere Color and now i can't fix it anymore.

25.20.100.6617 ,A04

the newest from Dell's Website.

Even tried to factory reset Windows, did not help.

2 Iron

Hello,

I have experienced some very annoying discoloration and color banding Issues lately.

(https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS15-Color-Issues-Color-Banding/td-p/7325003)

After a lot of work i found out it was a Problem between the Intel graphics driver and Premier Color. I had to first uninstall Premier color Then reinstall the Graphics driver.

As soon as i reinstalled Premier Color (from the Microsoft store) again an opened it up, discoloration and banding again... Bummer.

Somebody experiencing this Issue too?

Dos9570,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number.

for some reason I cant send private Messages

Dos9570,

You should be able to send pm's now.

Having the exact same issue.

The thing is that I use the laptop for photo editing.

I need PremierColor for calibrated colours, but also I need them not blotchy and banding in the shadows..

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions