Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

February 21st, 2019 17:00

XPS 15 9570, randomly restarts

I recently purchased a new XPS 15 9570 and have been having issues with it rebooting randomly since week one. During light use the unit will reboot with no warning (screen and keyboard go black and come up again a few seconds later). I've checked the event logs in the BIOS and found that every time it is an "ASF2 force off" issue. I found somewhere that the Intel Audio Services driver may have been the root cause, however disabling it had no effect on the issue. I've run every diagnostic tool that I can lay hands on in Windows and from Dell and they all come up clean. I called Dell support and all they did was update the BIOS to 1.7.0 (unit crashed on first boot after the update). Has anyone else seen this issue? Any luck in fixing it?

Specs:

256GB SSD

i7 8750H

8GB RAM

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 02:00

I just got an XPS 15 and the same is happening with my unit as well.  8750H, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD

2 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 20:00

I just filled out a return request for this computer and will be shipping it back to Dell tomorrow morning. I had tech support look at it twice this week. In fact, during the second attempt to fix it the computer rebooted four times while the rep was remotely logged in. I've done hours of research on this issue and found that it is a known issue on the XPS series of laptops and has been for several years with no solution put forth by Dell. This is unacceptable for a $1400 laptop. 

1 Message

May 5th, 2019 16:00

Dell representatives are not taking a look at these. I contacted Dell with great difficulty after raising an issue and the responsible person just sent a mail warranty is not available outside Us and closed the report. Very much disappointing with Dell Support. Regretting getting the XPS

July 18th, 2019 13:00

2x identical units. both randomly restarting all the time. asf2 force off list in bios power events. bios version 1.11.2

4 Posts

March 15th, 2020 17:00

I equally facing the same issue. I bought my laptop in Ghana and just after a few weeks ( about 3  weeks) I started noticing random restarting with the “slide down to shutdown” appearing then it restarts itself. 

Everyone seem clueless of the issue cos you cannot actually pinpoint the exact cause of the problem. Dell has really disappointed me on this machine. 

I have contacted Dell Support but to no avail. This is very worthless laptop

11 Posts

April 4th, 2020 05:00

I have the same slide to shutdown problem - after a year of no issues

5 Posts

April 27th, 2020 12:00

Mine 9570 with i7 starts reboot windows occasionally from idle state.

186 Posts

April 27th, 2020 19:00

1. Click [F8] to enter the selection menu, you can choose the last correct configuration to restart the computer, so that the computer will automatically enter the normal configuration 2. Due to the high temperature of the laptop, it is recommended that you can buy a cooling base. 3. The laptop is infected with a malicious program, which leads to the sudden shortage of system resources, or the system file is modified and crashes, or it may be caused by the Trojan virus automatically shutting down the system.

No Events found!