Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

6 Posts

December 13th, 2018 12:00

XPS 15 9570 Return Options

I'll explain my situation first.

I contacted customer support by calling within the first month of ownership(I got the laptop last month) about what can be done with the various issues I have been experiencing with my laptop (From the start I've been having issues with Bluetooth (devices not being detected), audio crackling and popping (both speakers and headphone), pc randomly freezing and turning itself off, temperature issues etc...). I was given options and told about opening a case but I told them I didn't have time as I was working on my Masters Thesis, and that I would try to troubleshoot on my own when I had time which I did. I tried EVERY solution I could find online on these forums and elsewhere, from reinstalling the audio drivers, trying alternate drivers, changing bios settings etc.... to no avail.

A few days ago I reached out to support again in regards to the bluetooth and audio issues, I also shared an image and a video of the laptop frozen with a blank screen, the caseworker opened a case and tried troubleshooting through remote assist but couldn't solve the issue(she tried fixing the bluetooth issues). I was told to reinstall the OS through Support Assist OS recovery which I did but this did not solve the issue. I was told to then reinstall the OS from a fresh OS image downloaded from Microsofts website which I did which didn't solve the issues. I am now told to ship the laptop back to them as an onsite technician can't fix all the issues with my laptop apparently. I can't afford to do that as I need a laptop for my masters work and I have wasted waaaaay too much time on this laptop already for the laptop to be sent in without a promise of the issues being fixed (the audio issue is unsolvable at the time being for example). As a result I just want to return the laptop, my studies have been set back too much already and I just want to get another laptop that just works. Please help me out, how do I move on from here?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 13th, 2018 13:00

Contact Support again and tell them that. Find out what you need to do to get it fixed or to return it if possible. This is a user to user forum and you need to speak directly to Support asp. 

December 13th, 2018 13:00

There are no dell reps on these forums? Alright I'll contact the return department

9.4K Posts

December 14th, 2018 04:00

Hi JohanChandy,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Your post doesn't mention if you've been able to perform a systems diagnostics on your computer.  If not, please run Dell SupportAssist to check for any hardware issues.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  If there are none, then here is information from the Dell Knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Fix Audio Problems in Windows 10

How to Fix Audio Problems

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

1 Message

December 15th, 2018 05:00

I have had 3 replacments already on xps 15 9570 theres quality control issues present on this laptop that are not being addressed junk  I returned for refund

No Events found!