Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

June 17th, 2019 00:00

XPS 15 9570 Speakers Not Working

I have had my XPS 15 laptop for the last year and had no issues till now. I normally run a Blue Yeti Microphone to the laptop, along with my Bose wired headphones for audio. Tonight, I returned to my laptop, opened it up, and was unable to hear any audio on any application or system. I check the system and it seems to be running the output to my Blue Yeti Microphone, which doesn't have speakers. I think this is odd, so I disconnect my microphone to see if I can switch to my headphones. Instead, the computer's sound icon has a red X, and states that no device is connected. I unplug my headphones, wondering if maybe its just my headphones, but now, the laptop refuses to acknowledge that it even has speakers. Opening the sound setting just shows a disconnected, but recognized Bose headphone. Even while its plugged in, it cannot read it. When searching the sound devices, no in laptop speakers are even available as an option, so my laptop is essentially completely mute now. Is it a software issue? Or is something broken inside my laptop? 

June 17th, 2019 00:00

Hi MrJamez, Apologies if you've already tried this, but occasionally Windows can get itself in a bit of a tizz when it comes to sound and a quick reboot of the system will resolve this problem. Good luck! Andrew
No Events found!