XPS

Last reply by 03-18-2019 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 15 9570 - Touchpad too sensitive!

Does anyone else have issues with the touchpad on the XPS 15 being waaayyy too sensitive? I've tried all the different touchpad sensitivity settings in windows and none of them make a difference. Even on the 'low sensitivity' setting, the slightest graze of my finger registers as a touch/tap. This makes typing very difficult as the cursor jumps around and I even up deleting paragraphs easily. 

I have all the latest drivers installed and I even sat on the phone with dell tech support and they could not resolve the issue (tried diagnostics, updating bios, etc). They wanted me to reinstall windows which I was not prepared to do.

I appreciate any help/suggestions you guys can give. Thank you!

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

I am having the same issue, I just had the DELL service technician out to replace the touch pad thinking it was defective but he said the touch pad is working properly. He too could not find any settings to change in Windows 10 that actually worked, he mentioned that it was using the generic drivers from the operating system.

My temporary work around is to disable the single and double tap and only use the physical buttons in the corner of the touch pad till Microsoft releases better drivers with more options.

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide; The Cursor Moves Around Erratically While Typing on the Notebook Keyboard

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (5)
Admin
Admin

Thank you for your message. Is the touchpad sensitive in all applications or is it in any particular application like browser, MS office suite?

Please try creating a local admin account by following this link & check if the issue persists. This will help us diagnose if there is a hardware or a software issue.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

I am having this issue on an xps 13. I feel it happened after the 1809 windows update

I also have the same issue. I recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 9570 and the touchpad is too sensitive. I cannot type anything on this laptop! It can be in any application. Even simply typing this post, the cursor is going everywhere. I am considering returning it and getting a different brand.

I have the same problem! Have set to the lowest sensitivity to no avail.  This could cause me to return the laptop.

I am having the same issue, I just had the DELL service technician out to replace the touch pad thinking it was defective but he said the touch pad is working properly. He too could not find any settings to change in Windows 10 that actually worked, he mentioned that it was using the generic drivers from the operating system.

My temporary work around is to disable the single and double tap and only use the physical buttons in the corner of the touch pad till Microsoft releases better drivers with more options.

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide; The Cursor Moves Around Erratically While Typing on the Notebook Keyboard

Community Accepted Solution
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions