Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

4 Posts

September 17th, 2018 16:00

XPS 15 9570 Will not sleep due to mouse/USB

I have a brand new XPS 15 9570. I have loaded very little additional software, apart from uninstalling McAfee and replacing it with Nod32, plus some backup software.

I have checked the power options 6 ways to Sunday and it will not go into sleep via the power button in Windows 10. I have updated the chipset and drivers, I have updated the BIOS to 1.3.1. I have been through the BIOS options and nothing relevant seems to be available. (I believe Dell removed some allegedly "redundant" options.)

If I remove the mouse's receiver from USB port, and select Sleep via power button using touch pad, it appears to go into a "light sleep" - screen goes out, keyboard backlight turns off after a bit. But it can be woken by any key etc. This is Modem Standby, I guess. Clearly lots of other people are having the same issue. I am just logging it here in the hope that Dell will take some notice. Maybe someone can even actually help me - I would really appreciate that.

9.4K Posts

September 18th, 2018 05:00

Hi tbyrnes100,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

In reading the manual, it appears that "sleep" mode is no longer included with this computer, it's replaced with hibernate mode.  

Dell XPS 15 (9570) Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

Power LED State
Description
Solid white
On (S0)
Off
Hibernate (S4)
Off
System off (S5)
Table 1: Power LED State
  • S0 (ON) — System is turned on.
  • S4 (Hibernate) — The system consumes the least power compared to all other sleep states. The system is almost at an OFF state, expect for a trickle power. The context data is written to hard drive.
  • S5 (OFF) — The system is in a shutdown state.

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

No Events found!