Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Win 10 Home High DPC latency XPS 15 9570 ACPI.sys

Jump to solution

If you want to do real time audio, a second hand Apple Macbook Pro is a much better option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

No actually, MacBook have had their issues as well, avoiding fixing them as well until enough pressure was built up... Neither windows nor MacOs platforms are real-time Sustemd and they are both based on the same hardware actually. ASIO (windows) is faster and better than Core Audio (Mac). It also all depends on DAWs, plugins etc.. There is no 1 size fits all. To have a good machine you need have it tailor made by a pro audio company that design laptops/desktops/workstations specifically for audio purposes. Obviously it’s potentially more expensive and maybe less versatile. But it will truly be optimised for audio tasks.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?pid=148389#p148389

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I'm having the highest DPC  Latency numbers ever with BIOS 1.10 it actually became much worse than before.

Something is very very very wrong...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Your rose colored glasses view of the world is belied by the fact latency has been a known problem with both the 9560 and 9570 for years. You obviously have no dependency upon audio playback. Some of us do, and with no priority being put on latency by Dell, you tell me why in <profane> one shouldn't be upset. And skip the "life is good" <profane>.

Highlighted
3 Silver

Re: Re: XPS 13-9360, Windows 10, high DPC latency

Jump to solution

High,

On my XPS 13-9360, I have found that lots of DPC latency issues are coming from Dell's version of Intel Graphic driver. Replacing Dell's with Intel's driver solved a lot of issues.

On my XPS 13-9360 :

1. I did not mess any CPU setting under BIOS
  2. I keep it AC plugged, set it on Max Performance under both Windows and Dell Power Manager app.
  3. Replaced graphic driver by Intel's original

For now with those settings it works pretty well.

0 Kudos