Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2018 05:00

XPS 15 9570 - cant wake up from sleep

This is my workstation so every evening I put it in sleep mode (and disconnect thunderbolt),..when I try to wake it up in the moring it doesn't react at all.. sometimes for 5-10 min.. doesn't matter if its connected via thunderbolt or not.. not a sign of reacting when I press the power button. And then for no reasons it starts.

Maybe a few clues:

• When I first connect the thunderbold the led indicator doesn't light up.. I pull it out, and back in and now it lights up.
    - this isn't the case regarding this topic, in that case its always off and don't act on me pressing the power button
  • Sometime it says I got the wrong power adapter connected (less power then it wants, but this isn't the case)(thunderbolt from dock)
  • I tried to keep the power button pressed for 15-30 s .. nothing

UPDATE: Today its not starting at all.. tried for 50 mins. I guess its hardware failure  

UPDATE #2: A Dell service technician will look at it in a few days, maybe replace motherboard

Dock - Dell TB16 Thunderbold Dock 180W

SMBIOS Version 3.1

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.5.0, 2018-09-03

System Model XPS 15 9570

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-8950HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

• 

16.7K Posts

May 16th, 2019 04:00

Fishergreen,

Click the link below to update the bios.

Dell xps 9570 Drivers

Steps for Fixing Computers that Do Not Wake Up or Resume from Suspend / Hibernate Mode but Power On

Click my name and private message me the service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2018 04:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Does the power button light turn on when you press the power button now?

Does the light on the AC adapter stay on when connected to the computer?

If the system is still not powering on, this could be an issue with the hardware.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2018 05:00

Hi and thanks for the answer I got in touch with your support center and a service technician is going to have a look at it and replace broken parts (maybe motherboard ?) but to answer your questions: Does the power button light turn on when you press the power button now? - No Does the light on the AC adapter stay on when connected to the computer? - Yes

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2018 06:00

Glad to know that you are getting assistance with this. This could lead to a motherboard replacement.

Feel free to reach out to me if you need any further assistance, I will be glad to assist you.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 13th, 2019 12:00

Thank you for your message. Does the power button light pulse when the system goes to sleep mode?

Does the computer not respond when in sleep mode irrespective of the AC adapter being connected or not? Does it happen only when the AC adapter is disconnected?

Restart the computer & tap F2 to get into BIOS, click power management – USB wake support – Check the box Wake on USB

Click sleep mode & check what option is enabled IS OS automatic selection or force S3.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

February 13th, 2019 12:00

I'm having the same issue. XPS 15 won't wake up from sleep.

Purchased in November 2018.  I've updated the BiOs, Chipset, Video driver.  Quicktest shows no hardware errors. 

I've lost a bunch of work from the computer falling asleep before saving and needing to be hard reset when it won't wake up.  I need the machine for work and it has never woken up properly as long as I've owned it.  It's a brand new machine and I can't afford to lose time this job right now to take it in.

I've also closed the laptop and put it in it's case and come back a few hours later and the machine is burning hot and the fans running like crazy because it hasn't gone to sleep or woke itself up?  Why is this happening??

March 23rd, 2019 15:00

I have been having the exact same issues.............won't respond to Power button after putting to sleep overnight.  The only way that I can wake it up is a hard reboot. Doesn't matter wether or not it is in the docking station or plugged in.  When I do a reboot, the battery is fully charged.  

1 Message

May 15th, 2019 19:00

I'm also having the same issue on my personal 9570, as well as my work precision 5530. Is there any fix for this problem or any kind of solution to get off a machine that is 2 months old and is malfunctioning like this? Thank you.

3 Posts

August 19th, 2019 14:00

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

August 19th, 2019 16:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Djmega 

What model SSD/HDD do you have installed???

Best regards,

U2

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 21st, 2019 10:00

@ Djmega,

Have you tried the above troubleshooting steps?  Please private message the service tag along with the registered name & email address.

No Events found!