Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 27th, 2019 20:00

XPS 15-9570, color banding issue

Recently got this xps 15, but am dissapointed by the ridiculous amount of color banding on the monitor. All the blacks are pixelated and crunchy. How do I fix this?

20 Posts

December 16th, 2019 17:00

Hi all,

I have XPS 7590 with 4K IPS Touch Screen and exactly the same issue from the day I bought it.

The way to fix it:

- Close or uninstall Dell PremierColor;

- In the "Intel Graphics Command Centre" go to "Display --> Color --> Restore to Original Colours".

I still think it could be better, but now I can leave with it.

Hope it helps to the others.FastStoneEditor1.jpg11.jpg222.jpg

4 Posts

April 20th, 2020 05:00

Hey everyone!
After a year of having this issue and playing with the color gammut  setting slider in Intel Graphics control panel I finally found an solution which works after restart and all the latest updates and Bios.
Issue was coming from Dell Premier Color and here are the steps I followed from this post by @Anonymous :

1. Remove Dell Premier Color

2. Set color profile to Premier Color sRGB 6500 or Premier Color Adobe RGB 6500
Control Panel -> Color Management: add the color profile and set as default

3. Open Intel Graphics Command Center and reset the colors to default
Display -> Color-> Reset Original Colors

Hope that can help

1 Message

August 28th, 2019 16:00

I am having the same problem

2 Posts

August 30th, 2019 21:00

I've had the xps 15 9570 for a few months now and the banding has made watching video on this expensive 4k screen almost impossible.  I'm not a very techie person so I hope there's a fix for this issue

8 Posts

September 2nd, 2019 10:00

Same issue here on my XPS 15 9570 FHD display and latest Intel drivers (26.20.100.6952).

Tried several solutions like dis-/enabling Dell Prmier Color, en-/disabling hardware support in Chrome, installing older drivers for Intel 630 UHD graphics and going back to latest.

The only thing that helped removing color banding was completely uninstalling Intel graphics drivers. But then you cannot adjust brightness with the brightness switches on the laptops keyboard.

@Anonymous: HELP PLEASE!

Michael

489 Posts

September 2nd, 2019 15:00

Such problem were occasionally appearing with older XPS 15 models, sometimes referred to as the "black-levels" problem. Namely, the issue was most obvious with a test chart for black levels like 

https://www.rtings.com/images/test-materials/2015/101_Brightness.png

http://www.relaxvideo.hu/black.png

http://glennmessersmith.com/images/adjust.htm

The issue seem to have been caused by certain versions of the BIOS, the Intel video driver, or specific combinations of the two. So try reverting either that was updated before the issue started...

• 

16.7K Posts

September 3rd, 2019 12:00

AbsolutelyRightSir,

Apologies for the issues you are facing with the computer. Click here to update the system bios as well as your video card drivers.

• 

16.7K Posts

September 6th, 2019 03:00

AbsolutelyRightSir,

Did updating the bios resolve the issue?

5 Posts

September 6th, 2019 07:00

I'm having the exact same problem.

Huge color banding issues especially in darker areas.

Dell please fix this ! I use my laptop for photo & video work

8 Posts

September 9th, 2019 04:00

I already was an BIOS 1.12 and latest INTEL graphics drivers, so: NO, DRIVERS & BIOS DID NOT SOLVE the issue.

But I uninstalled Dell Premier Color completely and this brought me a much better video quality concerning the blacks.

NOT PERFECT I have to say, but better, I still see banding and harsh gradients in my images in the dark areas of images and videos.

• 

16.7K Posts

September 9th, 2019 04:00

AbsolutelyRightSir,

Did updating the bios resolve the issue?

5 Posts

September 25th, 2019 12:00

Hello,

I am having the same problem. Darker image areas look awful and blocky like on a low-bit display. I am on the latest bios and intel drivers.

Any update on a fix for this @DELL-Jesse L  ?

thanks

September 28th, 2019 08:00

Hi Jesse,

Lates BIOS - 1.13, latest graphic updates from Dell site. Nothing changes. Same awfull gradients in dark. The last thing it was okay, was with bios 1.5. Currently 1.5 is too old and other features don't work with this.

Can you guys funally do something with all this?
I'm already tired spending so much time trying to figure out what to do after every windows/bios update.

Will really appreciate some specific info, instead of those generic answers like re-install everything, etc. Just provide some working configuration.

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

September 28th, 2019 14:00

Thank you. 

I do understand your concerns. I would request you to install Intel Graphics command center from MS store.

Restart your system, right-click on the desktop and open Intel Graphics Settings.

Click on Power if the option is available, if not you may skip the below step.
Then for each Plan (select them using the drop-down menu) disable Panel Self Refresh.
Ensure that for both Plugged In and Battery (left-hand side list) the Plan selected has Panel Self Refresh disabled.
Apply the changes to the settings.

Please share your findings.

Geoffrey

September 29th, 2019 04:00

Geoffrey, thank you for your feedback.

Did as you proposed, but there were no difference.
Another thing - Command Center, when you run it, says that it is replacement for Intel Graphics Control Pannel and last one should be uninstalled. So i tried uninstalling it as well and putting the same settings in Command Center. No difference.

Just to clarify a little bit. Most clear those gradients may be seen in Lightroom & Photoshop software (which is of great importance to me) - darks are lighter than they should be and awful gradients present. But apart from this, let's say gradients on Intel Graphic Command Center background image itself is also has those gradients.

Whith BIOS 1.5 all the images across all the applications and windows itself were consistent and clear.

Thank you and waiting for other options.

No Events found!