Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 27th, 2019 20:00

XPS 15-9570, color banding issue

Recently got this xps 15, but am dissapointed by the ridiculous amount of color banding on the monitor. All the blacks are pixelated and crunchy. How do I fix this?

December 3rd, 2019 01:00

Spoiler

Same problem here, it's driving me nuts. The only solution that I came to it's disabling the Intel drivers and stuck with the hyper saturated colors. Everytime I edit a photo and I see it in another screen I can't believe how wrong the colors are. 

December 4th, 2019 02:00

UPDATE

I updated today to BIOS v. 1.14.0, still nothing related to screen problems fixing.

123 Posts

December 4th, 2019 03:00

No problems here with mine and 4k display, all looks normal. There are 3 issues here as I see in minutes being mixed by morons:

- the 9570 4k has just a 8bit display, it cant display proper "shades" of grays => normal

- there was a "bending bug" some months ago, long fixed by latest Windows 10 ( https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/c6dfkt/fixworkaround_for_windows_10_1903_color_banding/ )

- display broken or damaged / return

- dont install any Dell software especially not Dell Premiere Color

- clean Windows 10 install, latest 1909, latest NON Dell drivers (Intel) and all is fine ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126790/Intel-UHD-Graphics-630 )

Remove drivers with DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html ... disable Windows 10 driver updates https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48277-enable-disable-driver-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a.html ...

I also love how people post pictures here instead of a photo made of the screen. You know that an image will look different on EVERY monitor? Lol... people are too funny in this post. 

There is nothing wrong. Learn how a PC works...

9 Posts

December 4th, 2019 05:00

I had another go at trying to fix this at the weekend and seem to have stumbled on a solution. I'm not sure how long-term it will be, but it should do until they fix the BIOS. Here's the steps I took,

• Disable the Intel display adaptor so that the laptop is forced to run solely on the Nvidia adapter. You will notice that the banding disappears immediately.
  • Download the latest Intel display adaptor (late November 2019) from the Dell website. Do this manually through the website, not through Dell update.
  • Reset the laptop, check that the Intel display adaptor is still disabled, then remove it.
  • Reset the laptop and immediately install the downloaded Intel display driver.
  • Reset laptop and check that both Intel and Nvidia display adaptors are showing in Device Manager, and are both enabled. Check for banding (mine hasn't reappeared... to date).

I don't really have a way to test if both display adaptors are being used, however with them both being enabled and having their latest drivers installed, I'm assuming that this is the case.

Please bear in mind that I do not have (and never have) Dell Premier Colour installed. So I'm unsure how the above will benefit anyone who has or has at some point had Dell Premier Colour installed. Please also note that I am currently using BIOS v1.13.

Hope this is of help to some people.

Andy

update: I've had to install Intel Graphics Command Centre and desaturate the colours. But overall this is much better than it was previously, and will suffice until Dell come up with a fix.

1 Message

December 5th, 2019 17:00

I simply rolled back the driver for the Intel driver. Solved my issue immediately 

11 Posts

December 6th, 2019 08:00

@mkdr  Mate, I had to deal with this for 6 months and none of this did to resolve the issue. I had engineers coming on-site and they went as far as replacing the motherboard after nothing else we tried worked. And this, of course, did not work either. Some random effing guy calling people morons and retards cause he thinks he knows better is not ok anyway. The fact that you have not been struggling with this issue doesn't mean it's non existent. And, believe me, this was not resolved months ago for those of us who have been dealing with this. We're not supposed to spend hours on end troubleshooting and finding workarounds - I lost count of the hours I spent working to fix this, clean installing, driver de- and re-installing, BIOS updates then roll-backs, screen sharing sessions, you name it, over the last few months. That's not our job, nor is that why we've spent a few thousand on a laptop. Right?

9 Posts

December 7th, 2019 05:00

Raine, it appears mkdr has/had bigger fish to fry with this laptop re. the apparent countless horrible bugs this laptop has. Although because I haven't experienced the majority of these personally, I'm wondering if I should dismiss they actually exist and just label those who are dealing with them retarded.

I was offered a full refund re. the display issue however now that I've found a temporary workaround, I've decided to persevere and wait to see if a promised BIOS update fixes it permanently.

123 Posts

December 7th, 2019 07:00

@andrewphirsovI know what people are talking about.

December 7th, 2019 07:00

@mkdr, I think for you the solution is simple - you'd need to replace your eyes first. After that you'll notice what all the people here are talking about

December 7th, 2019 10:00

Hey guys, so I guess I'm the new one here. I just bought my XPS 15 9750 like a week ago and I'm also encountering this issue. I first used the fix in the Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel, but since I reinstalled WIndows 10 the DHC Driver was installed automatically and the Graphics Control Panel is gone and I can't use the bug anymore to get rid of the banding. Now my new 2000$ laptop is pretty useless, since watching videos is now unbearable. Does anyone know how to fix this now?

5 Posts

December 15th, 2019 14:00

Any news about this problem dell??

1 Message

December 17th, 2019 11:00

The problem is that we need the dell premier color to deal with the oversaturation. Do we have to choose between over-saturation and black banding?

December 20th, 2019 03:00

I'm done, ehough, it's like talking to a wall.

Another Dell Reply.JPG

4 Posts

December 20th, 2019 17:00

I gave up on explaining the issue too. it's a complete waste of time. 

December 22nd, 2019 02:00

Guys,

@Kanzz1 , @FrazeL , @Avishay241 , @fenderer , @mrgibson , @Photographertosty , @Milan Baros , @XPSwulf , @SergiyC , @NGasta 

Can any of you update if you were able to resolve the issue?
These strange people from Dell now saying that issue is now fixed by re-installing windows and making sure that DellPremier color not installed. Sure it is not nearly truth, just because I tried it before and even new laptops in market have the same gradient problem, but they say that this windows re-install indeed helped some customers - would be great to see feedbacks from real people. Thank you.

No Events found!