Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 27th, 2019 20:00

XPS 15-9570, color banding issue

Recently got this xps 15, but am dissapointed by the ridiculous amount of color banding on the monitor. All the blacks are pixelated and crunchy. How do I fix this?

March 17th, 2020 00:00

Changed this comment - I noticed my previous reply is still on the forum - you just strangely rearranged everything in your own weird way.

March 17th, 2020 01:00

Do know what I do now to work? Every time I need to do some work, I re-install bios to version 1.5 and work - work with great colors and everything. After some time this piece of hardware reboots and installs latest BIOS and here we go - total mess with colors. Then I repeat it again.Great procedure and great workflow for this kind of device, right?

do you need anything else to help you understand that your stupid bios messes things up and you don't care about it at all?

You may say I'm not polite enough or maybe using not quite correct words - but I think this words should actually be 10 times more aggressive and mean  when talking to people who  ignore 100s of their clients for like a year now.

March 18th, 2020 23:00

Hey Dell 5 days ago you told me that one of your technical creatures will get in touch with me shortly. I think 5 days is shortly enough, so where is that person or at least one of your human-like speaking robots?

Thank you.

March 22nd, 2020 19:00

I've been dealing with this problem for about a year now, had the motherboard and screen replaced, drivers updated, fresh OS re-installation, finally getting more spare time to get in touch with premiumsupport, to try and resolve this issue, but nothing to date. watching video on the system has become next to unbearable, have been using my girlfriends mac instead. Really wish there was some solution to this by now. Until today i though I was the only one with the issue, but reading through this and other forums, it appears to be a common issue. Really don't know what to do anymore, has anybody found any solutions yet?

2 Posts

March 28th, 2020 14:00

Nevermind, realised after restarting I till had the problem, please dell fix this.

2 Posts

March 28th, 2020 14:00

Nevermind the intel command graphic center -> restore to original colors, this fix is reset after restarting, DELL fix this now, this is a major problem and unacceptable for the price of this machine.

1 Message

April 3rd, 2020 14:00

You guys at Dell are messing up something in the Bios. I currently use Dell Precision 5530 with the same problem at showing black color and my friend laptop is 5510 also have the same issue. I have read all the comment in this post and i'm so dissapointed at the Supporting team. 

And after try all methods, the problem is come from the BIOS

Fresh install window, use Support Assist to update all the driver and soft inside, also install Dell Premiere Color and set to srgb. Then UNINSTALL Dell Support Assist because it will force you update all to the latest version.

Last, INSTALL bios ver 1.5.0 and it's work :))))

There is NO BANDING, system work perfectly and more quiet than the latest Bois (still dont know why) 

Link to the EVIDENCE in case the Supporting team REQUIRE: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qlYVkNKrWz3ptiT6Ex-x8o8Oz70W9NHf?usp=sharing

April 8th, 2020 06:00

Hey man, how are you?

So, I've been struggling with this banding issue for a long time since I've updated WINDOWS.

But now i filnaly got the fix for this issue, at least to me!

There are 2 softwers the chances the color of the DELL XPS 15, the Dell PremiereColor and (I didn't know that) the Intel Graphic Command Center. On this last software I found the ability to RESET THE ORIGINAL COLORS. So I did it and the COLOR BAND ISSUE HAS GONE!

The downside of this solution is: The original colors of the Dell XPS ! Too much red, too much of saturation. You can't junt work on video or photo editing freely using this set of colors. So fot that matter, just open the Dell Premere Color and choose the REC 709 preset and I'll be fine.

I hope you can solve that issue too! Let me know if you do!

Best

Felix

4 Posts

April 9th, 2020 06:00

Hello @Felix doisdedosdesol ! could you please share this REC 709 preset

April 21st, 2020 02:00

@Pierre.F What about the color accuracy? Are colors oversaturated or balanced?

4 Posts

April 21st, 2020 03:00

Color accuracy is back to normal without the saturated crazy effect which was on by default at every reboot (pleasing the eye but not color accurate). Even when Vivid mode is on in intel graphics control panel. This slider is still a bit of a mystery to me as I'm looking for the original screen calibration. I'm a photographer and filmmaker so color grading is important.

April 21st, 2020 04:00

I think it worked for me too, GREAT!

I still see a bit of banding but not as much as before. Maybe another update will fix it.
Speaking of color accuracy, I'm a graphic designer (sometimes I like to edit photos too) so I'm a bit frustrated about not seeing the exact colors.

April 25th, 2020 01:00

@Pierre.F , I have know Idea of your visual perceptions, but may say for sure to everyone who reads it now on April 25 2020,  that nothing is fixes the problem except reverting back to BIOS 1.5 and wroking on it till the next restart.

As for @DELL-Cares I already don't care much if they do something or not. I just know for 200% that never will touch anything named Dell and make sure no people around me by something from them. I think I already saved around 5 people from wasting their money on Dell's junk.

And  @AleBalbina  you're absolutely correct in your feelings - this thing is not sufficient for any kind of graphic-related professional work. And only option which still works is going back to BIOS 1.5 every time this thing restarts - that's where the device was one of the best for photo/video/graphic things. 
No Events found!