2 Bronze

XPS 15 9570 doesn't turn on

Since couple of days (3, to be precised) I am having some issues with my XPS 15 , which is about 1 year old. At first, it has started to randomly turn off, and now it does not turn on anymore. As reported also by other users, the keyboard lights up for couple of seconds but then nothing happens. I ran any sort of hardware and software tests, but no problem was diagnosed.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 15 9570 doesn't turn on

Can anybody from DELL help me with this please? I was contacted yesterday, but then the messages stopped. One invests a lot of money in such products, which then turn out to be faulty. The situation is really frustrating. Again, I tried all the diagnostics possible and everything turned out fine. Now my PC doesn't even turn on anymore.

0 Kudos

I'm Sunny and I'll be helping you with this. Could you try the following steps and let me know if that worked?

1. Keep holding the power button for 20 seconds after disconnecting the adapter and then again connect the adapter to see if it powers on.

2. Are you able to see any pattern on the LED blinking?

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click my Dell-name and send me a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

2 Bronze

Hi Sunny, thanks for your message.

1. I have tried it and it doesn't power on.

2. I also tried this today, there is a blinking patter of 2 amber and 1 white (which is related to the CPU, if I am not wrong).

I think the problems started when I installed the last BIOS update (Sunday), which I had to do manually because the SupportAssistant would fail the installation.

0 Kudos

Hi,
Thanks for the update. Let's reset the Real-Time Clock (RTC).
You could follow the instructions here: https://dell.to/35hq6oQ to reset the RTC.

Regards,
Mausam

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click my Dell-name and send me a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Thanks Mausam, I will try that as soon as I get home.

In hope it works!

0 Kudos

You're welcome! Let me know how it goes.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell

2 Bronze

So I tried this solution, but nothing happens.

Should I call for support?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for trying the suggested steps. You need not call. We'll assist you here.

Could you test the system with the external peripherals removed

Remove all external devices that are connected to the system (keyboard, mouse, speakers, external hard drive, USB devices, network cables, additional monitors, etc.) from the system.

Only the A/C power cord should be connected to the system at this time.

Regards,
Mausam

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

I already did. It doesn't work. The only thing that happens is the led blinking (2 times Amber, 1 white).

I also tried to power up with fn+power, but no result.

0 Kudos