Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 15 9570 external monitor HDMI lagging, flickering and crashing Windows

@gamez.julian  Can you please let me know from which version you have downgraded to 1.11.2. I have tried downgrading from 1.16.2 but the firmware update failed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I did it gradually. It was not from the latest to the one I mentioned. I went through all the versions in the middle too. 

Latest Version

Version -1

Version -1

Version -1

Got the one that worked oka.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Even I have tried the same way downgrading to the previous version (1.15.0) from the latest (1.16.2) but the firmware update failed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

The BIOS downgrade to version 1.11.2 worked for me as well.

A few notes:

1) I started by downgrading to 1.16.2, and then went directly to 1.11.2.

2) The downgrades will fail, but only partially -- if you run the 1.11.2 BIOS installer once you're done, you should at least see that most of the versions of the various components match; the Backup Embedded Controller downgrade didn't work, the Main System TI Port Controller 0 downgrade didn't work, but the rest of the version numbers match (most importantly System BIOS with BIOS Guard should be 1.11.2).

3) You do need to prevent the BIOS from getting updated automatically on reboot. Hit F2 during bootup to enter the BIOS settings, then nn the bios under the security tab uncheck the option UEFI Capsule Firmware Updates. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I have the same problem. I tried the same solution that I mentioned. Worked for some time with 30MHz 1920 x 1080, but still the problem is with larger measurements like 1440 x 2560.
thank you very much

0 Kudos