Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

7 Posts

April 13th, 2019 16:00

XPS 15 9570 fan hitting something inside

When _not_ running the cooling fan at full speed it sounds as if it is hitting something internally as it spins. It goes away once the fan gets up to speed if you are playing a game that requires a lot of processing power. When it makes this noise, if you flex the right-hand side of the laptop, or rest your hand on it as if you were typing, it gets louder, and sometimes goes away until you stop flexing it, or if you stop resting your palm on it.

It sounds as if there is just not enough clearance for what is in there.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

489 Posts

April 14th, 2019 02:00

It may be damaged, or have in something. 

You may consider checking yourself following the online service manual, or engaging Dell service. 

9.4K Posts

April 15th, 2019 04:00

Hi JOnline76,

Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  Thanks for posting.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Troubleshoot Fan Issues

How to Fix Computer Fan Noise

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

7 Posts

April 25th, 2019 05:00

These articles did not help, nor do they apply. I can clearly hear the fan hitting something on the inside of the laptop. It does not happen all the time, but it does happen when the fan is not at full speed. It is either accentuated or stopped by flexing the case one way or another. Something isn't right here.

8 Posts

April 27th, 2019 18:00

I'm having the same issue and get your fan replaced asap.  This has already happened twice to me and the support process is a giant pain.  I do regret purchasing my xps 15 9570...

8 Posts

April 27th, 2019 18:00

Can someone from support reach out to me?  I'm having an awful experience here.  I've been on a xps support call for 30min + 27min queue.  And then about 30mins on support to run a battery of tests.

The fan is malfunctioning/broke!  I don't know what else to keep telling the support tech.  So frustrating.  From what I have read online, it is an issue that others have dealt with as well.

• 

16.7K Posts

April 29th, 2019 06:00

CIBO_676,

You will need to contact Dell Support by phone at 1-800-624-9896 to speak to a tech. Have you ran the diagnostics on the system? 
For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message

7 Posts

April 30th, 2019 13:00

No Events found!