Highlighted
Good.Juju
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

same here thought was a design flaw but seems it really is a defect... getting a replacement soon!

Highlighted
jeking3
1 Copper

I did the physical keyboard replacement with support's blessing and it did not fix the problem, and now they want me to send the unit into a depot for repair.  Isn't this a firmware issue?  I am confused.

Highlighted
jeking3
1 Copper

So we purchased one of these 9570 which was randomly powering off, and asked support to send a replacement.  The replacement doesn't have the random power-off issue but both of the laptops have the keyboard missed keyclick issue.  It definitely seems like it is a firmware issue to me, but I am working with Dell to see if I can reroute the original defective laptop with the power issue to their service depot so they can accept it as a return and have hardware exhibiting the issue in their possession.

Highlighted
Bergem
1 Copper

Still hang issues...

Highlighted
Bergem
1 Copper

I just got mine back from from the repair depot and haven't noticed any issues which is good! It may have been defective prior. They replaced the keyboard and the back panel of the laptop. I'll keep you posted if there is anything else noticeable but for now I am happy with my replacement. 

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Bergem
1 Copper

Nope actually, I am sill having the same keyboard skiping issue randomly happens when ting fast or I guess normal speed. Very disapointing. I can't ven type this properly without correcting myself. Sent it in to be replaced and having the same ssue.

Highlighted
Yster
1 Copper

XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

I have this same issue, is there a fix available or do we need to send the Laptop back to Dell?

Regards

William

Highlighted
MarcoVegaR
1 Copper

I'm having the same issue. So annoying as a programmer.

Highlighted

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for getting in touch regarding the keyboard skipping. Can you try updating the BIOS to the latest version which can be downloaded here

If you each respond and let me know how the system is after the update it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, 

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Mauribom
1 Copper

Unfortunately the new bios does not solve the problem