Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 8th, 2018 07:00

XPS 15-9570, keyboard skipping keys

Hi,

I saw the post about the XPS 13 9370 having this same issue. I'm also experiencing it with my XPS 15 9570. It looks like a BIOS update fixed it for that machine. Do we know when there will be an update for the 9570 o address this issue?

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

June 29th, 2018 13:00

@Community,

Dell engineering is aware that the issue still exists on multiple models, including the XPS 15 9570. Engineering is investigating the width of this issue. I am encouraged by my interactions with them so far.

While Dell engineering has not yet committed to a BIOS update to resolved this issue on the 9570, I do expect that they will commit to that in the future just like they have done on other models.

I will be providing more updates once I know more.

7 Posts

June 29th, 2018 22:00

Well since Dell hasn't committed to fixing the 9570 Xps keyboard issue I am happy that I have returned it today and will be getting my money back. Much better products than this junk!

6 Posts

June 30th, 2018 18:00

Between the skipping key issue and that the computer over heats and overall doesn't perform or feel like a $1500 computer... I will be returning this laptop. Really disappointed with the quality.

4 Posts

July 1st, 2018 15:00

@DELL-Justin C

This is wholly unsatisfactory.

It is insulting that Dell engineering is fully aware of a product defect rendering it unusable but is unwilling to commit to a timely resolution.

Left only with a nebulous expectation of future commitment, consider how those affected perceive such a refusal. 

This is how you lose lifelong customers. 

3 Posts

July 5th, 2018 12:00

Hi, what's the best way to make sure I get tracked as "yet another user affected by this issue"?

I tried DellCares on twitter, but they don't seem to want to acknowledge this thread...

6 Posts

July 5th, 2018 15:00

@JereVicBC wrote:

Hi, what's the best way to make sure I get tracked as "yet another user affected by this issue"?

I tried DellCares on twitter, but they don't seem to want to acknowledge this thread...

It's funny you say that. Premium Support doesn't even know it's an issue. 

3 Posts

July 7th, 2018 06:00

Yet another user with the same problem!

I hope Dell will supply a solution ASAP, otherwise I will return my notebook and start to tell this ridicolus story to all my collegues on Linkedin ;-)

July 7th, 2018 08:00

Justin, the 9350 has this issue too!

See https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-keyboard-doesn-t-detect-simulataneous-keypresses-reliably/m-p/6067614#M10109 for how to reproduce the issue. Can you add that model to your list?

July 8th, 2018 03:00

Still not fixed nor an ETA? Are you kidding me?! Dell doesn't care about their customers, good to know!

July 8th, 2018 06:00

So, I'm assuming that this is a luck-of-the-draw kind of thing and not every 9570 having this issue?

1 Message

July 8th, 2018 18:00

Is there any update on this? I have an new 9570, and I can't type efficiently with it.

1 Message

July 9th, 2018 06:00

Same here, skipping keys frequently. Really drives me crazy while developing! This is a 2000+ EUR laptop, this is not acceptable. Please update on the progress to resolve this issue.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

July 9th, 2018 12:00

@Community,

Update on the 9570:

XPS 15 9570 - Dell engineering is now looking to add the fix to future 9570 BIOS release. Still no full commitment or ETA.

History and new updates on various models:

XPS 9550 1.7.0 Improved keyboard typing experience with high typing speed.

XPS 9560 1.9.4 Prevent ghost key trigger while pressing multiple keys at the same time.

Precision 5510 1.7.0 Improved keyboard typing experience with high typing speed.

Precision 5520 1.9.4 Prevent ghost key trigger while pressing multiple keys at the same time.

XPS 13 9370 - Fix introduced in BIOS 1.3.3 and carried over to latest 1.4.0

XPS 13 9365 - Dell engineering has committed to a BIOS update. New ETA to come soon

Latitude 7490 - Dell engineering has committed to new BIOS update and we're awaiting a new release ETA

Inspiron 13 5379 - reported to me earlier this week as having the same issue. Working to replicate in house

XPS 15 9570 - Dell engineering is now looking to add the fix to future 9570 BIOS release. Still no full commitment or ETA.

Latitude 7390 - Dell Committed to BIOS update to resolve. Waiting on ETA

Latitude 5590 - New BIOS completed and we're now awaiting an ETA for release ( tested the BIOS today myself and it does in fact resolve the key skip )

XPS 13 9350 - Per @Heavenly Melancholy 's report I have pulled our own 9350 asset and replicated the issue just now. Reporting the issue to Dell engineering shortly. Will be back with ETA in the future

Latitude 5289 - Started a case in order to replicate the issue and reported the issue to Dell engineering

1 Message

July 10th, 2018 04:00

5590 here, glad to see this update. Hope I too will be able to test the update in the nearest future!

Edit: saw the new BIOS released today. Confirming that the keyboard works great now. Honestly, the difference in the feeling is so huge, it's like I got a completely different (and much better) laptop. Thanks for resolving it finally and I hope users of other laptops will get this issue fixed soon too.

2 Posts

July 12th, 2018 10:00

Hello,

How can we stay in the loop about the BIOS update for the 9570? I am really enjoying the laptop overall but I do coding on it and the skipping key problem is creating a lot of headaches with that as you can imagine. If the fix is not scheduled in a relatively short time frame I may need to return mine and get another without the issue. This is not a threat really, I just need to be able to work without these issues. Thanks.

No Events found!