Highlighted
HarryMcDoogle
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

Received my 9570 today, noticed the keyboard issue fairly quick. Very annoying. After reading the post above saying it was related to a windows update. I decided to load up Ubuntu 18.04 from a flash drive using the boot loader (hit f12 on start). After the Ubuntu desktop loaded I launched the basic text editor and began to type what ever came to mind. To my surprise no missing letters. I tried it again and again and couldn't get the bug to happen. Actually the keyboard responded quit well. Anyway, I do believe it may be a windows problem caused by update. Anyway, that's my story, hope it's fixed soon.   

Highlighted
Andrea_ET
1 Copper

A little update on "Drastic Fix Procedure":

I enabled the automatic Windows Updates Service, installed the cumulative updates of July and all seems to be ok!

I hope that someone at DELL Suport Center will tell something about this and release an official fix procedure, but maybe, they are too busy replacing keyboards or trying to implement a fix for the bios and don't have time to execute required tests 😉

Good Luck! 

Highlighted
jeking3
1 Copper

Here is a fix from advanced support that seems to have worked:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, and select Intel® Graphics Settings
  2. Click on Power to access the Power Section
  3. Under Power section uncheck the Panel Self-Refresh to disable it.

I did those steps then re booted and I have not seen an issue since.

Please try the same and post the result here!

Highlighted
BorSalp
1 Copper

I followed mentioned steps and after reboot, the skipping keys problem seems to be disappeared! Thanks for sharing!

DarkOneX2
2 Iron

**bleep**, that's wierd why would monitor refresh rate have anything to do with this, and also how did you even think to try this?  I will try this later and report back.

ASUS ROG Strix Hero III G731GV-DB74 | i7-9750H | 32GB DDR4-2666 | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD | 17.3" IPS 1080p 144Hz 3ms
Highlighted
back_slash
1 Copper

Not 100% sure, but it seems to be al good for me too.

I followed the previously described steps with Intel Graphics method !

Highlighted
spambadger
1 Copper

@back_slash wrote:

Not 100% sure, but it seems to be al good for me too.

Are you sure? 😉

Highlighted
back_slash
1 Copper

well spotted ! i will be careful to see if it persist 🙂

Highlighted
spambadger
1 Copper

@back_slash wrote:

well spotted ! i will be careful to see if it persist 🙂

Hehe. 🙂

To be fair, it's actually a lot better for me the last few days, no idea why, no recent updates. The other day it was terrible, so maybe just variance.

Highlighted
Good.Juju
1 Copper

holy **bleep** is it me or has my xps just became snappier and more responsive? wow what a difference has it made... **bleep** this was the bloody fix we all needed all along... shame on u Dell