Highlighted
WizAuz
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

Jump to solution

What does the Power Self-Refresh setting do? It's a great fix that is worth sacrificing something else for, but what exactly are we sacrificing? Just for clarity's sake. Cheers 🙂

s-plus
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I think the panel self refresh option makes screen refresh less often if there is no screen movement, so it consumes less power.

In my old Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop panel self refresh option could reduce the power consumption by 1 watt, which is not a small thing...

Highlighted
DarkOneX2
2 Iron

Jump to solution

New BIOS 1.3.0 out but it doesn't mention anything about keyboard fixes 😞

ASUS ROG Strix Hero III G731GV-DB74 | i7-9750H | 32GB DDR4-2666 | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD | 17.3" IPS 1080p 144Hz 3ms
Highlighted
Digitalcut
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've been in contact with Dell for a month now since I got the 9570 as the problem appeared on day 1. Despite sending the link to this thread Dell still sent out an engineer to replace the keyboard and he was also going to replace the MB. PLUS they wanted to re-format Win10, which would have been a nightmare for me as I use it to make my living! 

Thanks for the fix, the laptop is now responding to key presses perfectly, hopefully it will stay that way!

But how the **bleep** you worked that out I do not know!

Regards

Highlighted
Abhi221211
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@Digitalcut What did you do to fix your issue?

Highlighted
J.Lombardia
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Highlighted
Tho MY
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I notice that when type quickly, and only presses the side of the key ( which has tactile feed back) sometimes the key press is not registered.

I can repeatedly simulate this issue by pressing the side of "H", press quickly with tactile feed back , and not register the key press in notepad

The solution is to type slowly, unless Dell has a firmware fix ? Or need keyboard replacement ?

Highlighted
LukasWo
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It was nearly impossible to type on that keyboard because there were always letters missing in nearly every word. So I played around with the keyboard and found the same thing. Keys aren't getting recognized if you press on the side/corners of the keys even with a tactile feedback. So because of that and a faulty backspace key (made weird crunchy noises) Dell booked a onsite service for me to replace the keyboard. The new one was definitely better because the backspace key was fixed. But the problem with missing letters didn't get fixed with the new keyboard. So I thought it was a general hardware-defect or I am just tiping wrong. But I never had problems with any keyboards before. It was really frustrating because I was already out of the return period. But now I found this thread here and I found a Solution that fixed the keyboard problem for me. (I don't know anymore who found that fix but thanks a lot for that!)

I had to downgrade to an older intel graphics driver because the newest on has a bug and the intel display settings dissapear from tha system. So I deleted the new driver from the device manager and installed an older one I still had stored. So I got the intel display settings back and followed the instruction and deactivated automatic display refresh (PSR) from the energy tab. My Keyboard is much better now and didn't missed a key once. I am really sure that it is not just a placebo because it is definitely recognizeable. 

It is a shame from Dell that there is still no fix for that. Because this is just a temporary fix now. I had to deactivate windows updates because it is always automatically updating the intel display driver to the newest version and even the setting itself is sometimes going back to be activated. Hopefully this can help you temporarily, too. It's a better feeling now because I know that it is not a Hardware problem. 

Highlighted
LouisLeemans
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Wow this is really not okay. have the same trouble with my new XPS 15 that costed me 3K. I hope dell will come out with a fix soon. 

Highlighted
LukasWo
2 Bronze

Jump to solution