Yster
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

I have this same issue, is there a fix available or do we need to send the Laptop back to Dell?

Regards

William

0 Kudos
MarcoVegaR
1 Nickel

I'm having the same issue. So annoying as a programmer.

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for getting in touch regarding the keyboard skipping. Can you try updating the BIOS to the latest version which can be downloaded here

If you each respond and let me know how the system is after the update it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, 

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Mauribom
1 Copper

Unfortunately the new bios does not solve the problem

jeking3
1 Nickel

That BIOS update does not solve the problem.

Dell support is telling me to ship the unit into a depot for repair and it will take up to 10 business days to fix it.  If it actually gets fixed.  If the issue is a firmware issue, that won't fix it.  If the issue is the keyboard and backlight controller daughtercard, then maybe a physical replacement of that will fix it.  I don't really know what it is, but:

1. I got a 9570 which randomly powered off.
2. I was (nicely) cross-shipped a replacement with the keyboard issue.
3. I swapped the keyboards per Dell Support direction.
4. Both laptops have the same keyboard problem after swapping the keyboards - so I know it isn't the keyboard.
5. I have spent a lot of time debugging this issue and now I am going to be without the laptop for 10 days or more?  It's brand new!

I guess I will be sending it back to the depot for repair and keep people updated.  Still, this is not a good experience at all, and I will think twice before purchasing another XPS in the future.  I shouldn't have to purchase faster support in order to deal with a clear and grossly obvious defect in a faster timeframe.

I wonder how many of these repairs Dell will have to do on the 9570.

0 Kudos

@Mauribom wrote:

Unfortunately the new bios does not solve the problem

@Mauribom thanks for the confirmation.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
MRRO
1 Nickel

Hi Dell Alan-D,

I can also confirm that updating the BIOS did not resolve this issue.

Is there any update or ETA on when we can get a fix similar to the 9370 folks?

Thanks

0 Kudos
InVideo
1 Nickel

Yeah I wouldn't ship it back since it definitely seems to be a firmware issue with the BIOS. Previous laptop versions have experienced the same exact issue and fixed with a BIOS update that specifically fixed that issue. 

0 Kudos

Hi all, 

I have passed on the information to our engineering team for further investigation. Once I have more information from the team the thread will be updated by myself or one of my colleagues.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
WizAuz
1 Nickel

Same issue on my 9570. It is a replacement machine after months of tech issues on my old 9550, so it is now doubly frustrating, just as I though my old problems were over. Spoke to Dell in Spain (I am in Malaga) this morning and they are sending a technician out tomorrow to change the keyboard. It seems from this thread that it is not a hardware problem, but at least I'll have a technician here to show the problem to & run tests. I'll show the tech this thread. Very interested to see what comes back from your engineers Dell-Alan D

0 Kudos