Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys@

@Community,

Dell engineering is aware that the issue still exists on multiple models, including the XPS 15 9570. Engineering is investigating the width of this issue. I am encouraged by my interactions with them so far.

While Dell engineering has not yet committed to a BIOS update to resolved this issue on the 9570, I do expect that they will commit to that in the future just like they have done on other models.

I will be providing more updates once I know more.

Justin C

Dell Technical Support | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

Bergem
1 Nickel

Well since Dell hasn't committed to fixing the 9570 Xps keyboard issue I am happy that I have returned it today and will be getting my money back. Much better products than this junk!

0 Kudos
InVideo
1 Nickel

Between the skipping key issue and that the computer over heats and overall doesn't perform or feel like a $1500 computer... I will be returning this laptop. Really disappointed with the quality.

0 Kudos
MRRO
1 Copper

@DELL-Justin C

This is wholly unsatisfactory.

It is insulting that Dell engineering is fully aware of a product defect rendering it unusable but is unwilling to commit to a timely resolution.

Left only with a nebulous expectation of future commitment, consider how those affected perceive such a refusal. 

This is how you lose lifelong customers. 

0 Kudos
JereVicBC
1 Copper

Hi, what's the best way to make sure I get tracked as "yet another user affected by this issue"?

I tried DellCares on twitter, but they don't seem to want to acknowledge this thread...

0 Kudos
InVideo
1 Nickel

@JereVicBC wrote:

Hi, what's the best way to make sure I get tracked as "yet another user affected by this issue"?

I tried DellCares on twitter, but they don't seem to want to acknowledge this thread...

It's funny you say that. Premium Support doesn't even know it's an issue. 

0 Kudos
Andrea_ET
1 Copper

Yet another user with the same problem!

I hope Dell will supply a solution ASAP, otherwise I will return my notebook and start to tell this ridicolus story to all my collegues on Linkedin 😉

0 Kudos

Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

Justin, the 9350 has this issue too!

See https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-keyboard-doesn-t-detect-simulataneous-keypresses-reliably/... for how to reproduce the issue. Can you add that model to your list?

0 Kudos
Superblume
1 Copper

Still not fixed nor an ETA? Are you kidding me?! Dell doesn't care about their customers, good to know!

0 Kudos
MorganDeka
1 Copper

So, I'm assuming that this is a luck-of-the-draw kind of thing and not every 9570 having this issue?

0 Kudos