Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

@jeking3

Go ahead and send me your service tag in PM. I'll see if there's anything else I can do. 

Justin C

Dell Technical Support | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
bell0
1 Copper

Thank you for the updates on this, Justin.

Jumping in here as an IT guy who supports a number of unhappy users on new 9570s.

So it sounds like the 9570 BIOS update released on July 12 didn't fix the issue? I don't want to ask my users to install that update if another one is coming soon that will actually resolve their primary concern.

That said, the fact that Dell didn't wait to release that update -- so it could include the keyboard fix -- doesn't bode well for that issue being resolved soon.

0 Kudos
jeking3
1 Nickel

Thanks, I will hold off on beginning the return process for a few days, hopefully you can pull a rabbit out of your hat.

0 Kudos
Good.Juju
1 Copper

WHEN WILL THEY FIX THIS ISSUE!!! IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! I BOUGHT THIS ESPECIALLY FOR TYPING FOR WORK!!! DELL CMON!!!

0 Kudos
Good.Juju
1 Copper

just to let u all know its not a hardware issue with the keyboard... its a bug which is causing a delay/latency... a dell technician came with a refurbished 9560 keyboard and we tested it but the problem still persists... he asked me to return it but i cant because i was travelling for work and i needed a laptop for the whole month... so pls Dell come out with an update already pls

0 Kudos
amt-jr
1 Copper

My update for Precision 5530:

Technician has inserted new keyboard. Problem still exists. Waiting for other parts, even motherboard...  

0 Kudos
Caz74
1 Copper

@DELL-Justin C,

Thanks for the update on 7/13. Any update from Dell Engineering by chance?

0 Kudos
DarkOneX2
2 Bronze

Just wanted to chime in that Im having this same issue, noticed it while on vacation this week and it's starting to drive me mad.  This is also my work laptop and primary computer so this is going to make me want to get somethig else if nothing can be done to fix this.  

Also note that any spelling mistakes I made in this post I left intentionally to show where my key presses didn't register (the apostrophe in I'm and the n in something).

ASUS ROG Strix Hero III G731GV-DB74 | i7-9750H | 32GB DDR4-2666 | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD | 17.3" IPS 1080p 144Hz 3ms
0 Kudos
jeking3
1 Nickel

I escalated the issue and now have a contact in the Advanced Resolution Group.  I will reply with updates as the issue progresses.  As of right now I have no additional information.

0 Kudos
TomSe1980
1 Copper

Hi all,

Owner of a new XPS 15 FHD model here and I'm also experiencing this issue. It happens randomly to any key and multiple times per sentence. I don't think this is hardware related as it would be more consistent... Feels to me it is software related. 

It is driving me crazy and for any laptop (certainly one for this price) the keyboard should function properly, it is really unacceptable.

I use this laptop for work, so I really need this fixed. Hopefully a BIOS fix will be able to resolve this as for the rest I'm pretty happy with my laptop. I'll be working on an external keyboard most of the time, but on the go, this needs to be fixed.

Looking forward to a solution!