DarkOneX2
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

(redundant post, ignore this one)

ASUS ROG Strix Hero III G731GV-DB74 | i7-9750H | 32GB DDR4-2666 | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD | 17.3" IPS 1080p 144Hz 3ms
0 Kudos
DarkOneX2
2 Bronze

I confirm that the Intel refresh setting disable that Jeking3 posted does indeed seem to fix the keyboard issue.  Very strange, I still don't understand how that setting would have an effect on the keyboard but it definitely does.  I will say though it's done something odd to my font in mIRC, everything is smaller and more blurry but I was able to change my font to a larger one to get around that but the larger font is kinda driving me crazy so would like a proper fix from Dell still.

ASUS ROG Strix Hero III G731GV-DB74 | i7-9750H | 32GB DDR4-2666 | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD | 17.3" IPS 1080p 144Hz 3ms
HarryMcDoogle
1 Copper

After following Jeking3 directions everything seems to be working. Thank you for posting a workaround. Hopefully Dell will get a proper fix soon. At least for now I can type again without cursing every few seconds :Crying: . Thanks again.

0 Kudos
spambadger
1 Copper

@back_slash wrote:

Not 100% sure, but it seems to be al good for me too.

Are you sure? 😉

back_slash
1 Copper

well spotted ! i will be careful to see if it persist 🙂

0 Kudos
spambadger
1 Copper

@back_slash wrote:

well spotted ! i will be careful to see if it persist 🙂

Hehe. 🙂

To be fair, it's actually a lot better for me the last few days, no idea why, no recent updates. The other day it was terrible, so maybe just variance.

0 Kudos
Tess21
1 Copper

I don't know how you even came up with this weird solution, but after following your steps, my keyboard issues have stopped as well! This is very bizarre and not sure why the keyboard issue should be tied to a graphics setting; but hey, if it works, it works.

Still would like Dell to fully investigate this. But, thanks @jeking3 for the seemingly random but very helpful solution. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
jeking3
1 Nickel

Thanks but Dell came up with it, not me.  I should mention it seems to mostly take care of the problem but it can still happen occasionally, according to my wife who is now using the laptop.  At least it's tolerable now.

s-plus
1 Nickel

I also have this missing keystroke issue, but not all the time.
I looked at other Dell threads and in the XPS 9370 keyboard thread someone mentioned that they have the issue only after the laptop was shut down.
I had this frustrating issue the whole day today, after my laptop was shut down and then hibernated.
So I tried to put the laptop to sleep for half an hour, and now after resuming from sleep my keyboard works OK, no missing keystrokes!

Can anyone try to put the laptop to sleep for some time and see if that helps?

I'll definitely try the Panel self refresh trick if the issue comes back.
0 Kudos
BumSr
1 Copper

I just received a new Dell XPS 15 9570 (i5 base model) which I am setting up for my wife. The keyboard was missing keystrokes "out of the box." The fix from jeking3 seemed to work for me as well. Thank you!