amt-jr
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9570 Keyboard Skipping Keys

Precision 5530 - the fix with graphics worked for me. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
WizAuz
1 Nickel

What does the Power Self-Refresh setting do? It's a great fix that is worth sacrificing something else for, but what exactly are we sacrificing? Just for clarity's sake. Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
s-plus
1 Nickel

I think the panel self refresh option makes screen refresh less often if there is no screen movement, so it consumes less power.

In my old Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop panel self refresh option could reduce the power consumption by 1 watt, which is not a small thing...

DarkOneX2
2 Bronze

New BIOS 1.3.0 out but it doesn't mention anything about keyboard fixes 😞

ASUS ROG Strix Hero III G731GV-DB74 | i7-9750H | 32GB DDR4-2666 | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB | 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD | 17.3" IPS 1080p 144Hz 3ms
0 Kudos
Good.Juju
1 Copper

holy **bleep** is it me or has my xps just became snappier and more responsive? wow what a difference has it made... **bleep** this was the bloody fix we all needed all along... shame on u Dell

0 Kudos
s-plus
1 Nickel

Strange you say this - I also thought my laptop got a bit faster after disabling panel self refresh, but I thought it must be me because that doesn't make sense.

Maybe it's some weird Intel GPU driver bug that causes keystrokes to be missed?

0 Kudos
Good.Juju
1 Copper

i think because it was causing an input lag... at least thats my theory

0 Kudos
s-plus
1 Nickel

Hm, could be...

Whenever the panel self refresh was doing its thing (skipping a refresh frame), the keyboard would skip a key as well. And it would happen only if the key was pressed at the exact same moment when the display frame was skipped. Or something like that...

I suppose Dell engineers (and Intel's!) need to sort out those mixed up overlaps between the keyboard and the screen.

amt-jr
1 Copper

Is it me or newest BIOS update fixed that?

0 Kudos
jeking3
1 Nickel

I've seen the panel refresh re-enable itself.  I'm not sure under what circumstances, but it explains why my wife's laptop started missing keyclicks again.

0 Kudos