Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Xps 15 9570 performance has tanked.

i have the same issue before i used to have over 100 frames on rainbow 6 siege and now i can barely get 59 to 60 frames but the biggest problem that i am running into is the sudden drops in frames

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@reymito12 wrote:

i have the same issue before i used to have over 100 frames on rainbow 6 siege and now i can barely get 59 to 60 frames but the biggest problem that i am running into is the sudden drops in frames

@reymito12 thanks for your addition. Has this frame rate drop coincided with the BIOS update? Have you made any other updates to the system or the drivers?

Is the problem specific to Rainbow 6 siege or do you see it with other games?

What BIOS revision are you running?

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@BroBot92 wrote:

BIOS 1.7 may have fixed the temperature bug, but frame drops and performance is still absolutely abysmal due to broken GPU switching. Dell still hasn't even released an Nvidia driver compatible with Windows build 1809... so you have to use the standard Nvida site driver... They bar you from installing the latest intel gfx drivers.

My 8 year old core i7 desktop runs smoother and doesn't have issues such as audio crackling/latency, skipping keys and BSODs.

Has the company cut back on staff, under terrible management, have incompetent engineers, paid of reviewers? This is NOT how a flagship product should be ...

Hi @BroBot92

Thanks for the update. The 1.7.0 revision of the BIOS was released to address both the temperature and the effect of those temperatures on the GPU. The BIOS update has been available for only a few days, are you saying that this hasn't resolved the GPU issues on the system?

With respect to graphics drivers, Dell's release is normally a month or two behind the manufacturers release. We work alongside the vendors to pass on bug information, faults etc and then they engineer the fix and release the updated version. We then need to take that driver and run it through testing and validation before we release it publicly. This is what accounts for the delay between vendor release and our release.

Are you successfully running the latest Nvidia driver release?
If so, how is the performance of the system running their driver?

So far you are the only reference point for us saying that the BIOS update has not fixed the system. We need further feedback from others before we can advise further.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

I'm giving them until late January to fix the issue, them I'm bailing. I will return the laptop if not fixed. I've stuck by the XPS series since the XPS 9550, but every laptop has had issues. Dell really is a terrible company with flawed unsupported products and useless support. I've copied and pasted what I wrote on another thread below.

Dell is aware of the GPU issue, despite complete incompetence when first responding to the problem.
I have confirmed that Dell is working on a fix after speaking with Dell Pro Support in Sydney, Australia.
BIOS 1.7 was due to be released just before Xmas - however Dell now has no idea when a fix will be out.

See the link below:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Updated-Dell-confirms-that-it-is-fixing-the-XPS-15-9570-GPU-issue-that...

Every BIOS since 1.3.1 has been stuffing up laptops... What is Dell actually doing?

• GPU Cold throttling (performance drops to under 15% if under 48 degrees)
  • High DPC audio latency (audio crackling and lag with video editing)
  • Missing keystrokes (it appears to be different keys on various dell laptops. I have to press " or ' twice)
  • Bluetooth and connectivity problems (BIOS 1.6 killed my Bluetooth - working after roll back to 1.5)
  • Sleep/suspend S3 mode problems  (although I don't use it much)
  • Dell lying to users about issues and then changing their minds. No cohesion between engineering/support.

@Dell-Alan D @dell-robert p

Highlighted
2 Bronze

I'm having the same problem. And no one from dell is responding, that's just sad.

Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: XPS 15-9570, performance has tanked

Hi all,

This is indeed BIOS related. It is a very strange GPU temperature bug from 1.3.1 onwards - causing performance issues under 48 degrees. Yes, completely ridiculous! See the recent article below - it also confirms my experience running the Unigine benchmark from other posts. Hopefully Dell will finally fix it now the issue is growing...

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Some-Dell-XPS-15-9570-laptops-may-have-a-BIOS-related-GPU-bug.355026.0...

Soooo, in the meantime run the laptop "not too hot, not too cold - just right" (seriously DELL FIX IT!)

1_62sGHvOE0c2_fIKYTqX7LQ 

Highlighted
3 Argentum

BUMP - FIX IT!

@Dell-Alan D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Seriously, I run an XPS 15 9560 with the GTX 1040... I frequently use this laptop playing HOTS or Fortnite. With no issue.

At first, it was very frustrating. It throttled at the worst times and often below 50c. I searched much like all of you did.

Eventually Dell will fix it, but in the mean time you must take action into your own hands and at your own risk.

You can disable the software service that is responsible. I have done so at my own risk and have had no problems.

Every time I post about it on these forums; however, it gets removed as "spam"

With some research you can figure out what to disable at your own risk.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

What is the software service to disable?

I just upgraded from BIOS 1.5.0 to 1.6.0 which came out a few days ago. Will begin testing to see if it continues to stutter during anything, even watching a youtube video and nothing else i get random stutters and issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Guys do not upgrade your bioses. Dell new bios releases are designed to make your laptop worthless so you'll cough up $$$$ again.  Just stay at ver 1.2.2. For people who upgraded, refund or just sell your laptops and shift to other brands.

0 Kudos