Highlighted
1 Copper

XPS 15 9570 speakers, headphones white noise and crackling

When I plug in my headphones, I instantly hear persistent white noise, and when I play music, it continues, but the sound also begins to crackle. I tried using it with my earbuds instead, but I run into the same problem. I also get crackling when I tried to just use the speakers. I don't have this problem when I connect my speakers using bluetooth.

I've updated the Realtek drivers, but it hasn't changed anything.

How can I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9570 speakers, headphones white noise and crackli

What are your results when you run Support Assist? Try changing the settings: When you plug in headphones a prompt opens asking you what type of headphone you just connected -- Over-ear / on-ear / headphones / earphones ect, ect. 

I used to have that same sound, then I uninstalled all audio drivers, and let Support Assist find & install the audio drivers for me. Lemmy know what happens. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

To do this, did you just go into 'Device Manager' then to the sound drop down menu and uninstall each of the drivers? I've seen someone else try this, but not having a huge amount of knowledge, I don't really trust myself to do it without knowing exactly what to do.

When you restart the laptop afterwards, does that install all of the required drivers as you said, or did you have to manually download them from the Dell website? 

I've opened up a case with Dell for a replacement, and planning if that doesn't fix the issue, to go for another brand. Real shame! But if this fixes it completely, I'd be over the moon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

How did you uninstall the drivers? by going to device manager then right clicking and then clicking delete device?

0 Kudos