Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

October 20th, 2018 15:00

XPS 15-9570, touch screen on after lid closed

XPS 15 9570 touch screen working even after after lid is closed and connected to secondary display - this is leading to unwanted clicks. My YouTube videos get paused intermittently. Can someone please fix the issue, It is really annoying. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 22nd, 2018 12:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

How long have you been having this issue?  Did this start after any Windows/ driver update

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

13 Posts

November 9th, 2018 13:00

Hi, I am having the same issue with different model XPS 15 9560. Is there any solution?

1 Message

November 10th, 2018 05:00

I've recently changed a new screen, but only after 2 days, the same issue appeared again. I thought this problem is caused by the loose of the screen panel (may be a design problem). Try to press the middle top of the screen panel with a little pressure, you can feel the movement of the screen. When the lid is closed, it seems the touch panel will get closer to the C-side of the laptop, thus, the ghost touch happens. This conclusion is based on my personal experience. (I only bought this machine around 1 month... :( )

13 Posts

November 10th, 2018 15:00

I get touchscreen inputs with the lid closed on 9570 as well. Closing of chrome from the 'x' in the upper right seems to be the most common, but I've seen others as well. If the screen backlight turns off when the lid closes it shouldn't be asking too much to have the touchscreen functionality suspend as well. This seems to be a common issue with many touchscreen laptops. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 15th, 2018 04:00

Thank you for your message.  What is the BIOS version installed on the system?

Have you set the system to do nothing when the lid is closed? 

Does the system enter sleep mode without any issues or does it wake up from sleep when the lid is closed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 21st, 2018 10:00

Please connect the external monitor & press Windows key + P & choose second screen only, do not close the lid of the laptop & check if the issue persists. This is to check if the closing action causing the issue here.

13 Posts

November 21st, 2018 10:00

Hi, XPS 15 9560 BIOS: 1.5.0 The system is configured to do nothing when the lid is closed. Unfortunatelly I am getting random clicks on the touchscreen. Right now I am using a piece of paper between the screen and the palm rest when I close it to avoid this.

1 Message

January 19th, 2019 03:00

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

Everything works fine when the lid is opened. However when I close the lid the problem occurs.

13 Posts

April 4th, 2019 10:00

Hi,

With second screen only and the lid opened there is not issue. It only happens with the lid closed.

Just mention that I also have a previous generation (XPS 9560) laptop with touchscreen and I don't have any issue at all when working with the lid closed, only with the XPS 9570.

13 Posts

October 13th, 2019 12:00

Is there any fix for this yet? I have the same issue with ghost touches when the lid is closed, upper right of screen seems most common, closing windows when the lid is closed. 

September 10th, 2020 21:00

I have the same problem with an Latitude 3390 2-in-1

26 Posts

September 15th, 2022 21:00

Hi, I think I have a similar problem, not with closing the lid but with ghost touches when I start up the laptop (XPS 9300). I think around 2-3 out of 5 times when I wake my laptop from sleep or restart, the screen has the following issues.

The top right corner where the minimize button usually is, starts showing touch screen inputs when no one is touching that point, as if I'm hovering the mouse pointer over there. Most of the times the mouse pointer also disappears and when I try to click, it clicks on the ghost touch point. This position also changes a bit but rarely. To fix this, I have to close the lid and open again after a few secs and log in again. It goes away usually, but sometimes reappears as well. Sometimes it goes away when I keep touching around the ghost touch point, but not always. 

It used to happen with Windows 10, I've upgraded to Windows 11 but same issue. It is hard to believe this could be hardware because once I fix it, it stays fixed. Windows is updated, all drivers are updated both through windows and Dell support. It happens both on battery and when charger is connected. 

I tried disabling the touchscreen and of course it went away, and since the problem is increasing in frequency a bit, I've kept it disabled for now but really want a fix, as otherwise the laptop is great. Any solutions?

No Events found!