XPS

Last reply by 09-15-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 15-9570, touch screen on after lid closed

XPS 15 9570 touch screen working even after after lid is closed and connected to secondary display - this is leading to unwanted clicks. My YouTube videos get paused intermittently. Can someone please fix the issue, It is really annoying. 

Labels (3)
Replies (12)
Admin
Admin

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

How long have you been having this issue?  Did this start after any Windows/ driver update

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

Hi, I am having the same issue. Is there any solution?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I've recently changed a new screen, but only after 2 days, the same issue appeared again. I thought this problem is caused by the loose of the screen panel (may be a design problem). Try to press the middle top of the screen panel with a little pressure, you can feel the movement of the screen. When the lid is closed, it seems the touch panel will get closer to the C-side of the laptop, thus, the ghost touch happens. This conclusion is based on my personal experience. (I only bought this machine around 1 month... :( )

I get touchscreen inputs with the lid closed on 9570 as well. Closing of chrome from the 'x' in the upper right seems to be the most common, but I've seen others as well. If the screen backlight turns off when the lid closes it shouldn't be asking too much to have the touchscreen functionality suspend as well. This seems to be a common issue with many touchscreen laptops. 

Thank you for your message.  What is the BIOS version installed on the system?

Have you set the system to do nothing when the lid is closed? 

Does the system enter sleep mode without any issues or does it wake up from sleep when the lid is closed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

Hi, BIOS: 1.5.0 The system is configured to do nothing when the lid is closed. Unfortunatelly I am getting random clicks on the touchscreen. Right now I am using a piece of paper between the screen and the palm rest when I close it to avoid this.

Please connect the external monitor & press Windows key + P & choose second screen only, do not close the lid of the laptop & check if the issue persists. This is to check if the closing action causing the issue here.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

Everything works fine when the lid is opened. However when I close the lid the problem occurs.

Hi,

With second screen only and the lid opened there is not issue. It only happens with the lid closed.

Just mention that I also have a previous generation (XPS 9560) laptop with touchscreen and I don't have any issue at all when working with the lid closed, only with the XPS 9570.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor