Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2018 23:00

XPS 15 9570 will not turn on, even when plugged in!

My laptop is having an issue only several days after receiving it and doing light work on it (minor word typing and emails). It will not turn on fully, as in when I press the 'on' button - it does start to boot up (the underkey lights and fan come on) but then crashes! 

There is no activity on the screen and it keeps making this strange squeeking noise! (?) 

The battery was sufficiently charged last I checked - last night - and I have tried to take good care of it since getting it delivered. However, it just won’t turn on and keeps crashing even when i’m charging. 

Going to contact dell support soon, anyone know what may have cause this? 

*Edit: now I have also realised that the fingerprint scanner / 'on' button is also quite stiff, more so than say when I was using it yesterday.

*Edit#2: I have tried the hard reset (hold fingerprint scanner / 'on' button for 15; 20; or 30 seconds) several times and the laptop fan comes on but no other activity happens and the screen remains off, then the laptop crashes. 

9.4K Posts

September 13th, 2018 05:00

Hi JollyOlly,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately it sounds as though you may have a motherboard or a software issue.  Please try running a systems diagnostics by pressing F12 as your computer is booting up.  Make a note of any error messages encountered, and post back.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Resolve No Power, No POST, No Boot or No Video issues with your Dell Computer

How to Troubleshoot a No POST Issue on a Dell Notebook PC

and a couple of short videos:

No POST Troubleshooting

How to Fix a Computer that Won't Boot Up

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

1 Message

October 30th, 2018 22:00

My laptop XPS 15 9570 also have same problem. Why this kinds of problem happen with the most expensive laptop and brand like Dell ....now i cannot contact any dell support from JAPAN.  Any one know please let me know. or any solution for this issue please help. right now very urgent for me.

1 Rookie

• 

34 Posts

November 21st, 2018 17:00

My 9570 has experienced this exact issue, multiple times.      This machine is plugged into a Thunderbolt 16 unit with USB-C connection to provide multiple display and internet connectivity support  

I logged this service request reference number: SR .   Dell sent the wrong parts, so the service tech realigned the power on/off button, which seemed to be off, as shipped from the factory.  The machine worked perfectly until yesterday.  

The scenario is the machine goes into Sleep mode; most of the time it will awake from this mode.  However, there are times it will not power on from sleep.  In every case, the power check button on the right side shows five lights.

I am not certain of the exact steps to recover as I've tried multiple things each time it happens.   The next time this happens I will record the exact steps.

I have disconnected it from the TB16, plugged in the stand alone power supply, and then pressed and held down the power button for over 20 seconds.  Eventually, the power on process starts again, and we're good.

When I recorded the service incident, Dell wanted me to ship the laptop to some service center.   I went thermonuclear and they did the right thing.  I will a) burn it before I will send this machine to a service center and b) never buy another Dell again.   

1 Message

January 3rd, 2019 13:00

Unfortunately same is happening to me as well. No peripherals connected: all ports empty! Brand new XPS 15 9570 out of the box (under a month). Did a dual boot install Windows 10 / Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and it happened twice now: No Post. Always in Windows mode either when in sleep or after reboot from Windows. Very annoying to be at the mercy of this random No Post. I'm working intensively on this laptop and cannot be subject to this kind of behaviour. So far I've managed to get back on track but I'd like to know why this is happening and what to do so that it doesn't happen yet another time.

I can't think highly of a machine paid at such a price that is supposed to serve a steady work flux and fail me in that way. Any useful help on this before I send it back?

January 18th, 2019 21:00

Yes having the same problem

Most expensive laptop around but alas it's a DELL so is **bleep**....I knew better than go get another Dell

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 23rd, 2019 10:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with the is. What is the status of the power button light when you start the computer. Does it blink amber or white?

Try to toggle the caps lock key & check if the lights come on this will indicate of the system is completing post.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

1 Message

January 23rd, 2019 10:00

@@lease try running a systems diagnostics by pressing F12 as your computer is booting up.  Make a note of any error messages encountered, and post back.
I am having exactly the same problem. How the @#$& are we supposed to do this WHEN THE COMPUTER WILL NOT BIT AT ALL!  Mine was charged and fine yesterday. Opened it today. Light on the front lights when plugged in. Nothing from the button. No keyboard lights. BRICKED.
Sooo, what else do you got?

1 Message

January 29th, 2019 13:00

I have this exact problem too (UK user on XPS 9570), raised a ticket and eventually managed to boot using the Fn+Power press (hundreds of tries). I have now had this around 15 times since and manage to eventually get into the system. But that's not a sustainable way to work for the life of this laptop. Is there a fix or is this a repair/replacement?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 30th, 2019 04:00

Hi DamoUK,

I will be glad to look into this & assist you further.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2019 20:00

mother board failure - your computer needs major repair. - mine is having the same issue its only 1 week old, and started on the first day i got it.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 4th, 2019 06:00

@ 7cpx88,

I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your new order. I will be glad to assist you with this.

No Events found!