Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

2 Posts

September 11th, 2022 20:00

XPS 15 9570

XPS 15 9570

XPS 15 9570

Hi, so I recently came into possession of a used XPS 15 9570 laptop. I quickly came to find out that the original battery didn't hold a charge for more than 2 minutes and one of the speakers had been blown out. After a bit of research and finding that my warranty was expired, I decided to take matters into my own hands and replace the parts myself.

The process was pretty straightforward, but after a bit of testing I found that the battery replacement wouldn't even hold a charge at all. I looked at the ac adapter that the computer came with and it seemed to be fine. I even checked the bios and it said that the battery health was 'excellent', with the ac adapter being recognized as well. 

Does anyone know what I could do to try and fix this or should I just leave it alone???

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

September 12th, 2022 04:00

If two batteries won't charge and the adapter is recognized, the charge circuit on the board is faulty - replace the system board.

September 12th, 2022 14:00

Oh, I thought it was the new replacement that was faulty since it wouldn't hold a charge at all. compared to the old battery, which was able to hold a charge, albeit for only 2 minutes at a time. But if it is the system board that's faulty, where could I find a fix for that?

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

September 12th, 2022 17:00

It sounded like your new battery and the old one behaved the same.  If that's not the case, then have the "new" battery replaced by the seller first (preferably with an OEM rather than a third-party battery).

If the replacement shows the same issue, you will need to replace the system board.  These run between just over $400 and over $700 depending on the CPU and GPU aboard, so it won't be an inexpensive repair.

No Events found!