Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 29th, 2018 09:00

XPS 15 9575 2-in-1, sound issues persist

So far the one major issue that still persists with my Dell 9575 is the sound.  I have a friend with a Dell 9575 also, and he has sound drop-out also.  When it happens, playing video won't work because the sound driver prevents the playing of video.  All the sound stops, and it happens in all sorts of circumstances.  Sometimes out of the blue with nothing else but watching Youtube videos.  Sometimes it happens when switching between HDMI Intel sound and back.  Sometimes it happens when switching between headphones and speakers.  Sometimes it happens when coming out of hibernation/sleep mode.  The sound issue will correct with either restarting the computer, or going into device manager and disabling and re-enabling the Realtek sound driver.  It is intermittent, but very annoying when it happens.

So far Dell has fixed the noisy fan issues with this computer, they fixed the faulty Wacom pen driver issues, I have found if you stay at BIOS 1.1.7 RATHER than updating to 1.1.9 you can prevent the trackpad freezing issue.  But the sound drop-out still persists without any work-around that I can find (apart from restarting or going into device manager as described).  Please, Dell, talk to your Realtek people.  Enough with the Realtek dock/USB updates we get continuously; they need to put some engineers onto something that is a real problem!

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2018 04:00

I posted this in another thread. The issue with sound has been fixed on my 9575 for over a week. Here is the post:

This is how I fixed the issue on my XPS 9575. Have been fixed for a week and no audio issues at all. Dell support remoting into my computer twice never fixed it. I almost sent the laptop back and I am glad I figured it out.

Go to this website:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8544

Download the first file on the site. It will be a .CAB file.

Create a folder under c:\ and name it Realtek. Extract the cab file into that folder (it will take a little while).

After that finishes, go and right click the windows menu (start). Click on device manager. Scroll down to Sound, Video and game controllers and expand it. Right click Realtek audio and hit update driver. Select browse my computer and point it to where you unzipped to cab files. Just hit next and let it work and install the drivers for you.

Reboot your computer and enjoy the sound, the problem is solved.

219 Posts

February 12th, 2019 09:00

@renderer wrote:

Does realtek 8544 driver make a difference regarding audio renderer error problems on the 9575 dell?

maybe.  though you could try this 8586 driver on your XPS 9575 system (although it was listed only for an XPS 9380)

33 Posts

November 6th, 2018 15:00

Thank-you so much!

2 Posts

December 25th, 2018 16:00

Anyone have issues where Windows states that you already have the latest drivers?

• 

25.1K Posts

December 26th, 2018 12:00

Thank you for reaching out to us. The message indicates that you are trying to update an older driver on the driver updated on system. Please let me know the sound issue you are facing on the system.

Also, please share the BIOS version (F2 during startup) and audio driver version installed on the system.

In addition, for my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (DCFAdmin) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

- Ravi

33 Posts

January 4th, 2019 20:00

The Dell update program does NOT provide the latest RealTek audio driver for the 9575.  Using the method described above, the latest driver can be installed, and the issue with sound randomly dropping/going silent is fixed.

The RealTek audio driver version now installed on my system is 6.0.1.8544.

The Dell update program supplies only up to version 6.0.1.8451.

The BIOS version on my computer is 1.2.0.

2 Posts

January 6th, 2019 14:00

Did the system allow you to update the drivers? 

I'm having the same issue above where Windows/Dell is recognizing the older drivers as the 'latest' and won't allow an update. 

January 14th, 2019 19:00

I was having the same issue, what you need to do is hit "browse my computer", then "let me pick a list of available drivers on my computer", then "Have Disk..." in the bottom corner. Just choose the folder you extracted the driver to and windows will install it.

8 Posts

January 30th, 2019 10:00

Does realtek 8544 driver make a difference regarding audio renderer error problems on the 9575 dell?

8 Posts

January 30th, 2019 10:00

Your experience mirrors mine. I have xps 15 9575 and working with dell support is getting me nowhere. Many things have been tried regarding bios and driver updates. Very frustrating. Please post, if you make any any progress on this issue. I'm afraid there just is no realtek driver update available to fix this.

2 Posts

February 5th, 2019 19:00

Yes - I am having the same issue and Windows insists that the drivers are up-to-date. 

9.4K Posts

February 6th, 2019 04:00

Hi nsharif,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that you are having the same problem with your 9575.

Here is the latest driver for your system from the Dell Support Page.

Realtek ALC3271 Audio Device

If you are still having difficulties and the system is under warranty, you can contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request.

1 Message

February 18th, 2019 10:00

I am still having the same issue with my sound and also mouse pad, of both devices going in and out.

I have updated my BIOS and drivers. I tried to update my audio driver, but it states I already have the latest.

February 27th, 2019 09:00

I have the exact same problems.  This will be my third day contacting Dell support with them managing not to fix anything.  I'm at the point where I'm gonna request a new device or ask for my money back.

• 

16.7K Posts

February 27th, 2019 09:00

Preston_Marvel,]

Uninstall the current audio drivers, reboot the computer and then install the latest audio drivers from the link below.

XPS 9575 Audio Driver

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

No Events found!