Highlighted

Re: XPS 15 2-in-1 9575 touchpad freezing

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem. Good to know it's not just me. I tried updating drivers, reinstalling drivers and asa last ditch effort I disabled all power saving features to see if it was trying to power it down. None of these fixes worked. 

Hopefully there's a software fix for this as I would rather not have to send my laptop in.

hummusw
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Disabling panel self-refresh didn't seem to change my problem of the touchpad freezing. I still had the problem occur occasionally.

Vantheman68
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Yes same here. Seems to be an update that has killed the trackpad. Very frustrating indeed!

Zakori
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've been having the same issue with my 9575. I flashed the bios to the previous version (1.1.5), but I am still getting the track pad glitch. Sometimes I get a keyboard issue where when I type it registers input as if the Windows key is being held down. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

sl4ppy
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have this issue as well.  It makes the laptop unusable without an external mouse and happens regularly and consistently for me.  5-7 times per day, 15 to 20 minutes per instance.. 😕

OranjeKat
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my 9575. It looks related to a recent BIOS update according to when it appeared. Hope to have a software fix soon. 

Tags (2)
Jarebak
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my trackpad on the Dell. It's wierd, sometimes it doesn't want to register a touch and other times the trackpad seems to go haywire. This morning I was trying to drag a window to move it and the cursor went nuts. Ended up putting the window mostly off the screen. The really hurts productivity as this is my work computer. A sentiment I think most of us on this thread would share, this is too new and too expensive of a computer for this issue to be happening.

yanboobnook
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have this issue as well. and also Bluetooth issue.

XPS 9575 seems don't have touch pad driver at their website

Zakori
1 Copper

Jump to solution

To temporary fix your issue I suggest you connect a mouse to your laptop, I have been doing this for a while and it is "more" functional than without. Keep in mind issues may still occur but they are less frequent.

0 Kudos
caspar347
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Can we get some acknowledgement from Dell?