seanpat05
1 Nickel

XPS 15 9575 Fan Noise

I just purchased a Dell XPS 15 9575 from Best buy two days ago and have been having a tough time with the internal fan. Seems if I have one tab open the fan runs at full speed. I've updated my system firmware and even performed a reinstall of Windows, but still suffering from a extremely noisy fan. Any insight on what can be done? I do not want to return the computer, but if it cannot be resolved, I will be forced to. The fan is such a distraction, especially if I am just writing a simple word document or browsing the web. 

Tags (2)
6 Replies

Re: XPS 15 9575 Fan Noise

seanpat05,

Click the links below for information resolving fan noise on your computer.

Resolving fan noise on a laptop

Fan

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
seanpat05
1 Nickel

Thanks. I am running the tests now. I was able to isolate the fan noise to being extremely loud only when its plugged in. 

0 Kudos
sladang
6 Indium

I have done also the test when it's connected to the ac(USB-C) it makes lot of noise also when you do nothing ;( when it's running on battery wouw no noise at all.. I hope there come quickly a solution for this because we are not alone on the internet, YouTube with this problem. And is very enoying if you are in a meeting example.
UK-Expat
1 Copper

I just received mine from Dell yesterday, I'm seeing the same problem too, fan is very loud when charging, at a real high annoying frequency goes away soon after you unplug it. Have read and tried all the solutions out there, no help. 

I also have an issue with the left shift key, very slow to react and loud, almost feels like it is sticking. Enter key is almost as bad. Think I got a $2600 lemon! ... getting ready to ship it back

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
danielpark9
1 Copper

Any final resolution/fix for XPS 15 9575 Fan Noise issue?

I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Terafile
6 Indium

Bios 1.1.7 has got no fan issues

0 Kudos