Highlighted
1 Copper

XPS 15 9575 Headset Microphone Not Recognized

Jump to solution

My main problem is my headset microphone is not recognized. The audio will come through the headphones, but the laptop uses the built-in microphone, not the headset microphone. This headset plugs into the jack.

I've tried a number of solutions from similar threads -- nothing worked. I thought I'd start a new thread in cases things have changed.

Here's what I've done:

• Ran Windows 10 updates
  • Ran Support Assist (from desktop & web) for drivers updates. (Installed latest BIOS update)
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek drivers
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled MaxxAudio Pro from the Microsoft Store
  • (Yes, the headset microphone works on other Dell laptops, my smartphones, etc...)

After all that:

• MaxxAudio Pro issues the error "Audio driver is not up to date, please check for windows update." (However, I don't receive the error if I open MaxxAudioPro.exe from C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\)
  • When I plug the headset in a pop-up appears for a millisecond and closes immediately with MaxxAudio Pro in the title bar. On other Dell laptops, the pop-up where I select headset vs headphones. (Max Audio Pro has "Show pop-up dialog when device is connected" option checked.)

I really appreciate any help you all can give me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 15 9575 Headset Microphone Not Recognized

Jump to solution

I found a solution, but I have no idea why it worked. After uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, I started having inconsistent behavior even from headphones -- and the microphone never worked. So I went back into Device Manager and uninstalled the following:

Audio inputs and outputs

• Microphone Array (Realtek(R) Audio)
  • Speakers/Headphones (Realtek(R) Audio)

Sound, video, and game controllers

• Realtek(R) Audio

I selected the option to "delete the driver software for this device."

After restarting the computer, I finally saw the MaxxAudioPro pop-up (previously it seemed to briefly flash on the screen before disappearing).

I was able to select headset and everything, including the microphone worked.

The interesting thing is the Realtek(R) drivers still show up in Device Manager.

Brad0103_0-1586611995795.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I found a solution, but I have no idea why it worked. After uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, I started having inconsistent behavior even from headphones -- and the microphone never worked. So I went back into Device Manager and uninstalled the following:

Audio inputs and outputs

• Microphone Array (Realtek(R) Audio)
  • Speakers/Headphones (Realtek(R) Audio)

Sound, video, and game controllers

• Realtek(R) Audio

I selected the option to "delete the driver software for this device."

After restarting the computer, I finally saw the MaxxAudioPro pop-up (previously it seemed to briefly flash on the screen before disappearing).

I was able to select headset and everything, including the microphone worked.

The interesting thing is the Realtek(R) drivers still show up in Device Manager.

Brad0103_0-1586611995795.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm having this same exact issue and I'm curious to know if after you fixed your issue, you noticed a quality change in the audio after deleting the drivers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I was having problems with MaxxAudio Pro as well. I would plug in my headphones and select "Headset-Earbuds" on the popup and no sound would come out. I did this and it worked!! Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos