1 Copper

XPS 15-????, electrified chassis, earth leakage problems

I purchased an XPS15 recently in Australia. The power cord is a three-prong configuration including earth pin. However I have to use a two-prong adapter in some countries. When I do, the chassis of the XPS15 becomes lightly electrified which would indicate an earth leakage problem. This would seem abnormal. Presumably, the XPS15 is doubly insulated and this have broken down. I suspect that my machine may be poor quality as I only had the bluetooth module replaced a few days ago and now the tracking pad is faulty.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: XPS 15-????, electrified chassis, earth leakage problems

Thank you for your message. Ideally, the adapter should not be used without a three-prong connector. There are chances that the current is passing only through the transistor & not using the varistor.

We always recommend using a multi-socket adapter which can be used internationally.

Are you back to your original country & have you tried using the original adapter to check if the issue persists?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos