Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

5 Posts

January 23rd, 2020 05:00

XPS 7590 HDMI not working after sleep

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 7590 and I've connected two Dell 4K monitors, one via USB-C -> DisplayPort and the other one via HDMI.

My problem is that sometimes, after sleep, the HDMI connection stops working, leaving me with only one monitor. The even stranger thing is that a restart of the computer doesn't help, I have to shut down, wait, and then start for the monitor to start working again. Obviously I've tried to turn the monitor on and off, reconnect the cable etc.

Can I debug and fix this? Or should I just accept that I have to shut down the computer and start it again sometimes? i guess it's no big deal, takes like a minute.

1 Message

June 6th, 2020 01:00

Same problem (XPS 15 7590), still no official solution?

4 Posts

June 6th, 2020 04:00

Dell won't admit it's a known issue

2 Posts

June 9th, 2020 02:00

I have the exact same problem, any solutions as of yet? Does a new motherboard fix it?

9 Posts

June 9th, 2020 04:00

I also have a similiar issue with my XPS 7590.

I have 4K LG monitor and when I am restarting laptop when HDMI is connected my fans starting to run fast at approx. 4900 RPM when windows login screen appears, and windows itself freezes so I am not able to login.

• 

25K Posts

June 9th, 2020 07:00

Hi there !

Please share the system service tag through the Private message, we will be glad to assist you.

2 Posts

June 17th, 2020 05:00

Hi,

I have the same issue with my Precision 5540. I found out, that it might be connected with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled registry setting. I had this set to 0 in order to get more control over Power settings. When setting it back to 1 the problem disappeared. Setting it back to 0 let the problem appear again after 3 days.

September 28th, 2020 10:00

Having the same issue. I've had my XPS for a few months and now only having this issue today. 

1 Message

October 15th, 2020 15:00

I have the same problem. Connected two external monitors to XPS 7590 laptop, one Dell on VGA thru a USB-C hub connected to the thunderbolt port on the laptop, one LG IPS231 connected to the HDMI port on the laptop directly. VGA monitor works fine. HDMI LG monitor sometimes does not wake up after sleep, sometimes does. Unplug and replug the HDMI cable from and back to the laptop wakes up the LG monitor. Annoying! Please help Dell!

1 Message

January 28th, 2021 09:00

Same issue here... This is so frustrating... to have spent this amount of money on a premium laptop and still have these kinds of issues...

2 Posts

February 20th, 2021 11:00

Similar issue with my Dell XPS 9570: the HDMI port randomly stops working and I need to reboot the laptop (sometimes more than once) to bring it back to life. Is Dell doing anything to fix it?

17 Posts

February 22nd, 2021 08:00

Uninstalling the Intel graphic driver and reinstalling it with the driver provided by Dell (I used SupportAssist) seems to solved my problem. 

May 6th, 2021 16:00

Hows it looking now? Have you noticed this since you uninstalled and reinstalled?

May 6th, 2021 16:00

Also having this problem, had the laptop for almost 2 years now and the problem only started about a month ago. The hard reset is the only thing that worked

17 Posts

May 7th, 2021 08:00

I have not had this problem since I uninstalled and then reinstalled the driver.

5 Posts

May 18th, 2021 09:00

I found a solution/workaround on another post that may help (worked for us), but sounds crazy: 

Install the latest BIOS update, or RE-install the latest BIOS update if you are already on it.  Even if you are already on that BIOS version, RE-install it.

This fixed a chronic problem (ie: 3rd new motherboard install by Dell techs).  Decided not to do another new motherboard again, as we couldn't be blowing out HDMI ports that fast.   I found this solution on another post who also had success simply re-installing the BIOS, so I tried it - and it was successful in my case just a few days ago.  Good luck!

No Events found!