Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

5 Posts

February 13th, 2020 06:00

XPS 7590 Sleep mode discharge

Hello

I bought the laptop 3 months ago. When i put the laptop in SLEEP mode, it does not hold the charge....e.g. last night charged to 90%, this morning it was 21%. I have been talking to the tech for last 5 days and they have not figured out what is going on. They created battery program, put in test mode and when i emailed them this morning...they asked me to repeat the steps that they have done for last 5 days.. Not sure if they will suggest to replace the laptop.

I need this machine for my work!!! very disappointed

489 Posts

February 14th, 2020 04:00

Sorry, Modern Sleep (S0) is difficult to fix. Dell will say it is not bag-safe...

You can try debugging using SleepStudy, but not sure if you will be able to identify the "offender", and if you will be able to fix it if you do find it. 

Try looking up a setting which should auto-switchover from Sleep to Hibernate after a specified amount of battery drain, set e.g. 10%. With the old S3 sleep it was "Hibenate After" in advanced power profile settings, but that was specified by time period - and would sometimes fail and wake up in a backpack instead. 

• 

25.1K Posts

February 19th, 2020 08:00

Hi,

How have you been?

We don't mean to rush you here. We would like to know if you have run the fix toll. If yes, please share your outcome, so we can move further on this case.

Dell-ArunV

25 Posts

February 20th, 2020 05:00

Have you checked the battery saver settings and performance settings in your system?

We would be able to help you better if you let us know if there are any discrepancies in said settings.

February 20th, 2020 16:00

Hi

i have been talking to Dell "Tech" people for 5 days and all they can do is change the battery settings  and ask me to keep a tab on it. Nothing changed... battery still drains in SLEEP mode from 90% to 21% over night (7 hrs).  Battery holds charge in Shut Down mode. 

Tech on the phone has apparently escalated the issue to higher level. Been 4 days and no answer. 

Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 

25.1K Posts

February 20th, 2020 16:00

Hi,

Please follow the steps in the below link and let me know the outcome. Also, I see that the phone support team have emailed you and are waiting for your reply.

https://dell.to/2V61WLD

Dell-ArunV

• 

25.1K Posts

February 23rd, 2020 08:00

Hi,

Hope you are well!

I see that the phone support team have replied to your email and are waiting for your response. Having said that, I'm also checking with our internal team for available options. I will get back to you as soon as I have an update. Meanwhile could you check the battery health in BIOS and let me know what the status. Here is a video link you can refer to:

https://dell.to/394ANN2

Dell-ArunV

• 

25.1K Posts

February 26th, 2020 14:00

Hi,

I see that the phone support have placed the request to replace the battery. Once the part is delivered to the technician he would contact you to fix an appointment. I'd request you to schedule the appointment as as per your convenience. I will also keep track of the service until it's complete.

Dell-ArunV 

• 

25.1K Posts

February 29th, 2020 10:00

Hi,

How have you been?

I'm just here to let you know that the part is at backlog and is expected to be delivered on March 3rd. I will continue to keep track of the case and keep you posted regularly.

Dell-ArunV

• 

25.1K Posts

March 2nd, 2020 16:00

Hi,

I hope you are doing good.

I was following up on this case to check if everything was on track. As per the logs, I see there are no updates or changes regarding the service. We shall continue to track the same until the service is complete. 

The service is scheduled for 3rd march between 8:00 am - 06:00 pm. Let me know if you have any concerns. We'd be happy to help.

-Alaina

• 

25.1K Posts

March 6th, 2020 16:00

Hi,

I see that the service has been completed. I'm just following up to check if everything is working fine. Do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Dell-ArunV

No Events found!