Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2020 13:00

XPS 9310 - Bluetooth lag with Logitech MX Keys + MX Master 3

My XPS 13 9310 has Bluetooth issues just like my previous XPS 9360

I just received the laptop and updated all drivers, bios and Windows - Everything is up to date. 

Connect my keyboard and mouse and off we go. Awesome laptop - If you don't mind your mouse getting stuck for 2-3 seconds. Or typing a few characters behind.

In the beginning with my 9360 I had a similar problem - Though I remember only turning off some mouse settings and that solved it. Now - can't figure out why out of the box a $2K laptop cannot perform as it should. 

34 Posts

January 18th, 2021 12:00

I have installed all the new drivers.
Its better, but not perfect. Some random lag.

January 19th, 2021 20:00

I'm still having trouble despite everything. I have the 9310 2 in 1, and we don't seem to have a BIOS 2.5. Is anyone else seeing something different?

January 19th, 2021 21:00

Just trying everything - I found a big improvement by telling Wifi to preferentially use 5 GHz bands rather than 2.4 GHz. Looks like interference might contribute? Still have some periods where the pointer gets stuck, but it's a bunch better.

1 Message

January 20th, 2021 00:00

hi, can you share me the screenshot how to do this?

i am using XPS 9310 and logitech MX anywhere 2, i have mouse lag 2-3 seconds as well

1 Message

January 20th, 2021 01:00

I solved the problem with lagging mouse through disabling "allow the computer to turn of this device to save power". See instructions below:

1. Go to Device Manager and double click Bluetooth device Intel Wireless Bluetooth to open its properties
  2. When Properties window opens, go to Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK to save changes.

January 20th, 2021 07:00

picklecolor2_0-1611155325610.png

9 Posts

January 20th, 2021 12:00

For me, the problem occurs not only sometimes, but reproducibly when the mouse has not been moved for a few seconds. It then only reacts with a short delay to a new movement. So, in my case, I do not assume that it is due to interferences. Intel has now referred me to Killer support. Let's see what they say...

34 Posts

January 20th, 2021 14:00

Is it related to Dell component ?
Or Intel chipset ?
Or Drivers ? 
Or Killer ? 
I using back the Unifying dongle... 
It lag randomly. 

An article published by Killer : https://support.killernetworking.com/knowledge-base/bluetooth-stutter/

34 Posts

January 20th, 2021 15:00

Capture.PNG

Let's try your solution - Prefer 5ghz band

January 20th, 2021 15:00

My gut feel on this is that it's a problem somewhere between Intel and Microsoft. Because it's related to the Bluetooth going idle (I haven't found anyone that reports to the contrary), there's something between the operating system and the driver that's wrong.

3 Posts

January 21st, 2021 09:00

I've been following this thread for a while and have the same issue.

I also get issues with the display going off randomly. Does anyone get this?

January 21st, 2021 18:00

I had the same problem, but it went away after I switched from the Dell graphics drivers to the Intel drivers. There are a bunch of threads here that talk about potential solutions. That was the one that worked for me.

34 Posts

January 22nd, 2021 08:00

Thank. Which version of the driver ? How you did it ?

Same issue here : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bluetooth-Mouse-and-Keyboard-lag/td-p/7911856 (HP PC)

20 Posts

January 25th, 2021 11:00

I received a Logitech MX Anywhere 3 today and have exactly the same issue.

Every time the mouse wasn't moved for about 10sec, there is a huge delay. I also guess that is due to some power saving mode. Otherwise it works fine.

I don't have the issue on 2 Lenovo Laptops, I guess it is due to BT LE (5.0?) which is not supported on the other devices. 

It is extremely annoying. If it was after lets say two minutes...it would be fine. But 10sec is like shortly stop scrolling and then the mouse lags. 

Try to do something like Blender with that...

And it is completely reproducible...

20 Posts

January 25th, 2021 12:00

So, I think is has to be an issue with the BIOS. Maybe the Intel code or the Dell code.

I can reproduce the exact same behavior booting my Dell XPS9310 under Ubuntu Linux 20.04. The issue remains so no Windows driver is involved in that.

The mouse goes into some sleep mode after a few seconds and needs 1-2sec. to wake up again. Which is extremely annoying.

Also while using the mouse, there are some lags here and there where the mouse just stutters for a second. I will try the mouse on a Inspiron 14 5000 with an 11th-gen i5.

I have no idea who can solve the issue. Dell, Intel or Logitech. But Logitech also just responds with a "restart your computer" message.

Maybe it helps if everyone also contacts Logitech.

----

Edit:

Ok, I can also reproduce the issue with the Inspiron 14 5000 with an 11th gen i5. I can not reproduce it with an HP Spectre 8th gen, YogaBook Atom and Lenovo Intel 6th gen.

No Events found!