Highlighted
jogwo
1 Nickel

XPS 9350 and U2419HC USB-C Not Working

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a Dell XPS 9350 and recently purchased a U2419HC monitor. This won't connect using USB-C. It will connect using HDMI.

I currently have a S2718D monitor that does connect via USB-C (video and power)

I've updated monitor and graphis drivers but still no sign of life.

Dell replaced the monitor saying it must be faulty. Obviously not.

Any suggestions as what to do next otherwise the second monitor has to go back? Suppose I could get another S2718D instead but I'm not sure there's room on my desk!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: XPS 9350 and U2419HC USB-C Not Working

Jump to solution

* For my internal notes, click my name and private message me the service tag numbers for the XPS 13-9350, both U2419HC.

I doubt that both U2419HC were defective. This should work =

XPS 13-9350 TB3/USB Type-C out port --> U2419HC USB Type-C cable (C to C) --> U2419HC USB Type-C in port

You then pressed the Input Source button and checked USB Type-C?

Did you test the S2718D USB Type-C cable (C to C) on both U2419HC?

Did you test both U2419HC USB Type-C cables (C to C) on the S2718D?

Are there any other PC with USB Type-C out port to test on the U2419HC?

jphughan
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

There have been multiple threads on this forum with multiple people reporting that the XPS 13 9350 and XPS 15 9550 don’t display video when connected via USB-C to Dell’s USB-C displays — even though the display’s USB-C input works fine with other USB-C sources and the system’s USB-C video output works fine with other displays. Dell eventually posted a KB article acknowledging the issue and hugely disappointingly saying they wouldn’t be fixing it because they considered the XPS 13 9350 end-of-life. Their suggested workaround is to buy a dock. Here’s the link: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln314862/xps-13-9350-no-video-with-dell-type-c-monito...

Another option would be to use a USB-C to DisplayPort cable, but then of course you only get video. You can get USB by running a USB cable between the display and system, but you still don’t get charging.

jogwo
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. A least I can connect to my other monitor and charge via USB-C. I'll have to live with HDMI for the new monitor.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos