Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 25th, 2021 01:00

XPS 9360 Shut down on battery

I am experiencing the same issues as the poster in this thread (Solved: XPS 13 9360 Sudden Shutdowns on Newly Replaced Battery - Dell Community) unfortunately the solution recommended does not solve my problem.

• I already tried to take out the battery and push the power button for 30 seconds, then insert the battery.
  • I also removed the CMOS Battery and put it back in. 
  • It is not possible to reproduce the fault consistently
  • Sometimes it runs fine on battery and sometimes it just shuts down without notice and won't restart until I connect to AC (although the battery still has power >80%)
  • The battery is shown in bios and in dell power manager and according to the infos it is a dell battery
  • The bios error message after the last shutdown was - ASF2 Force off

Anyone experienced the same issues after changing the battery? Appreciate the help. 

3 Posts

April 7th, 2021 09:00

If anybody finds this thread and is curios - it seems I fixed the problem by deactivating the intel turbo boost

and updating the thermal framework drivers (Treiber für das Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework | Treiberdetails | Dell Österreich

currently I have been running the notebook for three days without a random shutdown on battery.

• 

25.1K Posts

March 25th, 2021 01:00

I understood your concern and I extremely apologize for the inconvenience please initiate a private/direct message with us, and please enter the Service Tag / Express Service Code / Order Number in the text format for which you need assistance. we’d be glad to assist you. 

Refer to the link to find the Service Tag: http://del.ly/6604HQkdC

1 Message

July 5th, 2023 21:00

thanks mate , i have also update the thermal framework driver and disabled the intel turboboost.

Everything seems fine now , i havent expereienced any sudden shut downs in last 24 hours.

thank you

No Events found!