Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:04

January 20th, 2018 04:00

Hey, mine arrived yesterday too. I have the FHD version. There you can turn of the adaptive backlight in BIOS settings. Not sure how exactly its called.
No idea about the Key backlight.

27 Posts

January 20th, 2018 04:00

I believe Dell call it DBC - Dynamic Brightness Control , also know as CABC (Content Aware Brightness Control).

Dell issued a firmware update to enable it to be turned off for the previous 9360 but until recently only for the QHD screen, not the FHD one. There does now seem to be an update for the FHD screen too.

One would hope that the new 9370 has the firmware update already installed ??

10 Posts

January 20th, 2018 06:00

Im not sure if it was possible out of the box. I installed the available bios update at first boot without exploring the out of box bios. So in the most recent Bios you can turn off DBC for the FHD.

January 20th, 2018 21:00

Found the setting in the bios and got that fixed! Thanks guys! Yeah now I'm just left with finding out how to fix the keyboard led's...that's the only thing really bothering me lol. Everything else about this thing is perfect though! I love it

1 Message

January 27th, 2018 22:00

The keyboard timeout is driving me crazy as well! Will turn off pretty much after 3 seconds...it's a little too much. Would love to know how to fix that! 

13 Posts

January 28th, 2018 07:00

With you on this one, the 3 seconds is 2 seconds too short as a default, would be nice to be able to set it, but i guess this feeds into the battery life claims

27 Posts

April 5th, 2018 04:00

I just got a replacement XPS13 9370 (original had problem with power button, screen fitting etc) and trying to work out how to extend keyboard backlight time as it is barely 3 secs.

Annoyingly I'd managed to extend it to around 10 secs on my original 9370 but cannot remember how I did it - as both machines have the latest BIOS, I'm wondering if it was a setting on the previous BIOS which is no longer there??

If i do figure it out I'll let you know ;)

1 Message

April 13th, 2018 15:00

Go to control panel -> hardware -> Dell Keyboard Backlight settings :-)

April 21st, 2018 05:00

I removed all of the pre-installed Dell software so I don't have this option anymore. Do you know which app I would have to install to get this again?

April 21st, 2018 06:00

The Dell Command | Configure app did the trick! Its got a lot of other useful settings you can edit too.

1 Message

July 2nd, 2018 21:00

Yes,  even I had recently faced with this issue , to remove the  Dynamic Brightness Control and keyboard backlit issue , follow this link ( https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln143038/access-uefi-bios-system-setup-from-windows-on-your-dell-system?lang=en ) and open UEFI setting and in it you will find the keyboard and DBC features, disable or change it how ever you want it. Don't worry you can always restore the settings . 

This worked for me. Now I'm a happy guy

2 Posts

July 17th, 2018 23:00

Firmware version 1.4.0 introduced settings for the timeout of the keyboard backlight. After changing the value in the BIOS, the backlight does not turn off immediately on my XPS 13 2018 under Ubuntu 18.04. I didn't measure the time, but I think it correctly uses the values set in the BIOS now.

1 Message

July 18th, 2018 02:00

I guess Turn-On & Turn-Off Keypad Backlight in Dell laptop must be same for all laptops. So here is a video  Turn-On & Turn-Off Keypad Backlight in Dell

1 Message

March 19th, 2019 18:00

I faced the same issue after purchasing the XPS 13 9370 a few months ago. I saw that my keyboard backlight turned off after just 15 seconds if I didn't press any key or use the trackpad. I contacted Dell support and they tried to solve this from windows settings but that didn't work. Then they took two days of time from me. They contacted me after three days and told me to "upgrade" my BIOS to 0.1.7.3. I did it and then I could then set my keyboard timeout duration from my BIOS. "Upgrading" to BIOS 0.1.7.3 solved the problem for me. BTW, it is worth mentioning that in the previous version of BIOS, from which I "upgraded", did not allow to set the keyboard timeout from the BIOS settings. Unfortunately, I do not remember which version my BIOS was in before I "upgraded" to 0.1.7.3.

I found out later that BIOS 0.1.7.3, that they made me upgrade to was not the latest one available at that time. The latest one available was 0.1.8.1. So even though my "update" was actually a downgrade, I am still sticking with this version of BIOS because, well, I found nothing else to solve this problem.

Note: BIOS 0.1.7.3 has been working fine BTW.

2 Posts

August 11th, 2019 12:00

Or good speller!

No Events found!