Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 9370 Fan Noise

Return it ASAP. Worthless PC from a worthless company. Get a Lenovo ThinkPad instead.

Highlighted
1 Copper

I have just received my laptop and set it up. The fan noise is quite high and not stopping for a long time. My order (xps 13 (9370) order=<Order number removed>).

0 Kudos
Highlighted

One more unhappy customer. I will prevent any of my team member to get a XPS, unless sleep isn't working. The fan keeps running even in S0 low power mode. If the system wake up in his bag it may be dangerous, I think it should be forbidden from a plane, much as galaxy. Please give us back the possiblity to sleep S3, or a modern sleep that work.
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I'm also experiencing the same behavior. When plugged in, the fan would turn on even though CPU/HDD temperatures are very low, below than 90F.
The behavior is observed mostly on Windows 10, and as soon as I unplug the chargers, fans would first calm down, then stop after a minute or so, at which point the the laptop remains completely silent.  Plugging the charger back would kick the fan on again after a few minutes.

The same problem happens pn Linux (Ubuntu),  but much less pronounced than on Windows; fan noise is inexistant but would slightly kick in when plugged in. Otherwise, it is completely silent unplugged (for light tasks such as browsing, video etc.). 

I uninstalled all Dell utilities on WIndows (something recommended in another forum), and it did reduce the fan noise when plugged in but didn't completely eliminate it. 

Highlighted
1 Copper

Getting really bad fan noise at all times. It sounds like a fan is loose or something.
Highlighted
2 Bronze

hey all, i just gotten my 9370 and also experienced loud fan noises when plugged in usb c via my monitor.

i tried playing around with the settings and found this solution helped to reduce the fan noise significantly.

dell power manager > thermal management > quiet

i'm not sure how this would affect performance yet but at least i don't have to keep bearing with the noticeably noisy fans.

Highlighted
1 Copper

This worked for me as well - although I have not ran any benchmarks to see the performance hit. Thanks!

Highlighted
1 Copper

have the same problem.

when the fan is running, it make some strange sounds like the bearing or something is broken

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Just received top of the line 9370, fan runs a lot more than expected. Makes sense with all the heat generated by that processing power in such a slim case. Gonna play with the settings to see if something can be done, but it doesn't look good. The fan starts to run with the laptop almost idle, or starts and stop while barely using the cpu. Will probably return it if this doesn't improve.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi all,

Just received mine xps 13 9370 and the fans haven't stopped ... really annoying. Has anybody found what is this noise all about if processor is not loaded?

Regards,

José

0 Kudos