Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: XPS 9370 Fan Noise

Same problem here, when I connect the power supply after a few minutes the fans start spinning very fast 😞  Any solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

1- Download the Dell Power Management app and set the thermal option to quiet.

2- Set the power mode to "recommended" instead of "better performance"

This should help, but you'll have to live with a lower CPU performance. Then why spend that much money on the latest Intel chip if you can't really use it at full speed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

OK, it work also with thermal managment set to "optimized".

πŸ˜‰

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

It is very puzzling that heat management is excellent on Linux, whereas on Windows one has to limit the CPU to get acceptable results...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Your tech support already tried that and more, but it didn't help! I sent the computer to tech support and it came back the same! This is a bad joke! for a 2k computer. This is the 1st time I see an issue like this in a laptop!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Ozzieav wrote:

Your tech support already tried that and more, but it didn't help! I sent the computer to tech support and it came back the same! This is a bad joke! for a 2k computer. This is the 1st time I see an issue like this in a laptop!

@Ozzieav, I sent you a private message last week requesting your service tag. If you could reply to my message I can look into this further for you.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm GMT
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Alan,

My 9370 has the same fan noise. The fan is making the rattling noise no matter whether the ac adaptor is plugged in or not, and it happens at both low and high speed. For your information, I've updated all drivers to the latest version including BIOS, but it doesn't resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@randABC wrote:

Hi Alan,

My 9370 has the same fan noise. The fan is making the rattling noise no matter whether the ac adaptor is plugged in or not, and it happens at both low and high speed. For your information, I've updated all drivers to the latest version including BIOS, but it doesn't resolve the issue.

Hi @randABC, I'll drop you a private message for your tag details and will advise of your service call options.

Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I'm getting the same crunch,grindy noise out of my new xps 13... I need help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@c2016y wrote:

I'm getting the same crunch,grindy noise out of my new xps 13... I need help. 

Hi @c2016y i'll drop you a private message to get your tag details.

Thanks,
Alan

DELL-AlanD
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos