Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2019 07:00

XPS 9380 4k- Query on battery life improvement

Hello, I was going through this article when this query hit me..

It says there...

You can improve the battery performance by:

• Operating the computer on AC power when possible. Battery life reduces with the number of times the battery is discharged and recharged.

Does that mean it is recommended to run the laptop on AC Power when possible (say at home near power outlet) rather than on battery for a better prolonged battery life? Please clarify.

9.4K Posts

July 30th, 2019 09:00

Hi onlytanmoy,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies if your system is not performing as expected.

Yes, batteries have a finite number of charge/discharge cycles, therefore the number of times the system is charged up then goes on battery, then placed on the charger again will diminish the length of time the battery is usable.  Under normal conditions this takes about a year to a year and a half.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

16 Posts

July 30th, 2019 12:00

Thanks for the clarification, Robert.

9.4K Posts

July 31st, 2019 05:00

You're welcome.  Hopefully this resolves your issue, and I will be archiving my case for now.  Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us in the future.  Thanks.

No Events found!